Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Breathing Easier and Congratulations

My agency has informed me that the children in its care in DaNang were evacuated last weekend (before the hurricane hit) and have since been returned to DaNang. So, we are breathing easier with the knowledge that Lana is okay.

Several "CONGRATULATIONS" need to go out to:

BringMeMia and
Lucy In the Sky and
Jenn and

a special hopeful note of congratulations and best wishes to:

JDEGIRL.

With all the worry about the typhoon I forgot to mention our excitment over the weekend. Gabriel and I went to the see the circus (Wringling Bros.) with my friend J. and her daughter A. A fabulous time was had by all, until the second to last act, when, evidently, a burlap bag caught on fire, the circus ended rather abruptly, and we were all told to evacuate the building as quickly as possible. We watched four fire trucks drive up to the arena as we tried to leave. Much, much excitement. I cannot decide if Gabe was more impressed by the circus or the firetrucks...

LM

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I am so happy that you got word that your daughter is safe. That was so scary. Thanks for the congratulations as well!!

Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a relief about Lana! Thanks so much for the update :)

Thursday, October 05, 2006 1:01:00 PM  
Blogger Irshlas said...

So glad to know Lana is okay. I lived in Okinawa for three years as a child and there was a typhoon every year on my birthday! And as a Katrina survivor, my heart goes out every time I hear a storm has made landfall. Best wishes and hopefully Lana will be home soon where hurricanes and typhoons are a non-issue!

Thursday, October 05, 2006 7:01:00 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

Thanks for the congrats and I am wishing a quicker process your way! I would love to visit Japan, going ot get the babies may be as close as I get though. My husband and I love Miso soup, tempura, and a good sushi place, but those are rare to find in our part of the States!)

Thursday, October 05, 2006 10:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am surprised that you would take Gabriel to a circus. Did they make the animals do stupid tricks?

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 6:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter