Friday, November 11, 2011

Turn Me On Like a Light Switch

I debated about sharing this story...but then I told it to Ella at Last, and she threatened to de-friend me if I didn't, "blog the sh*t out of that."

So...

The other night, Husband and I were in the kitchen. We were standing by the stove, hugging.

Lana stuck her head in, looked at us hugging each other and said, "Are you making the sex over there?"

Husband and I both said, "What??"

In point of fact, we were MAKING THE CURRY for the CROCK POT for the next day. NOT making THE SEX.

So she repeated herself, "Are you making the sex?"

For a moment, words failed me, and then I said, "No, making the sex is private. So we are not making the sex in the kitchen."

Quite honestly, the kitchen tiles are extremely hard and cold...I'm fairly confident when I say that those particular kitchen tiles have never seen anyone "making the sex" on them, ever.

So, my nine year old daughter, giggly madly, sweetly says, "I know making the sex is private. In your bedroom. You kiss each other and then you say, "don't you want to go to the zoo, my darling, to see the baby giraffes?" and then you kiss each other some more."

I wish I could tell you that I used this opening to have a frank and honest discussion with her about the birds and the bees.

But instead I laughed until I was shaking and then I laughed some more.

And Husband declared that "going to the Zoo to the see the baby giraffes" was the best euphemism for knocking boots that's he's heard since "fighting crime".

Probably I should have a talk with my daughter this weekend...and then maybe I'll see if Husband wants to go to the zoo to see the baby giraffes... :-)

LM

7 Comments:

Blogger mam said...

oh.my.god. I am giggling with tears streaming down my face. My darling.

Friday, November 11, 2011 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

That is beyond awesome!

Friday, November 11, 2011 1:09:00 PM  
Blogger Ella At Last said...

That's what I'm talkin' about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made me laugh all over again :)

Friday, November 11, 2011 2:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOSH. Where did she hear that giraffe thing??? That is so hysterical. I would have been dying. And I'm totally using that euphemism now.

Sunday, November 20, 2011 6:57:00 PM  
Blogger Stepping on Legos said...

I think I peed a little reading this! That is so hilarious and perfect!!!!!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Oh, wow.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:25:00 PM  
Blogger Anthony Frost said...

The things children say...


birth injury

Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter