Monday, February 21, 2011

The Mystery of the Yellow Gatorade, Explained

I realized in my last post that I didn't add my mother-in-law's postscript to the Yellow Gatorade Mystery. :-)

I didn't have the answer to this mystery myself, until a few months after Gabriel was born, when I remembered to ask her about it.

But the answer is that my mother-in-law and father-in-law had had the flu themselves a few weeks earlier, and her friend had brought her some yellow Gatorade and my in-laws felt much better after they started drinking it. Eleven years later and I can assure you that there hasn't been a day that we haven't had at least one bottle of Gatorade in the pantry, for flu emergencies. :-)

My mother-in-law maintains to this day that the yellow kind is the best for post-flu. I sincerely think this has to do with the fact that the yellow is less likely to stain than the orange or the red or the blue, if, you know...well, if it makes a reappearance all over your living room carpet.

1 Comments:

Blogger M. said...

Hahaha! I had wondered why it had to be yellow, but that explanation makes pretty good sense.

Monday, February 21, 2011 7:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter