Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I've Got a Good Mother, and Her Voice Is What Keeps Me Here*

Considering it's two days before Thanksgiving, and considering that I've not done the Facebook exercise of listing one thing I'm thankful for each day, I thought I'd list a few things I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for:

  • ...being married to my best friend
  • ...my parents (all of them)
  • ...having two children who make me laugh
  • ...my siblings and the comfort of a shared history
  • ....my friends
  • ....the strange sense of satisfaction of playing FB Scrabble with friends (see above)
  • ...having a job, especially one that, on occasion, let's me really make a difference for someone
  • ...books and music and the library and well-done television and people who still make intelligent entertainment
  • ....buying that extended warranty on my car
  • ...chocolate
  • ....rum

I'm sure there are other things, but those are the ones that come to mind.

This is a bittersweet holiday this year, and I worry that Christmas will be even more so. I'm trying to focus on making it special.

LM

* Jann Arden, Good Mother

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:39:00 PM  
Blogger teahouse said...

Lovely, lovely. Always good to count our blessings!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter