I've Got a Good Mother, and Her Voice Is What Keeps Me Here*
Considering it's two days before Thanksgiving, and considering that I've not done the Facebook exercise of listing one thing I'm thankful for each day, I thought I'd list a few things I'm thankful for.
I'm thankful for:
- ...being married to my best friend
- ...my parents (all of them)
- ...having two children who make me laugh
- ...my siblings and the comfort of a shared history
- ....my friends
- ....the strange sense of satisfaction of playing FB Scrabble with friends (see above)
- ...having a job, especially one that, on occasion, let's me really make a difference for someone
- ...books and music and the library and well-done television and people who still make intelligent entertainment
- ....buying that extended warranty on my car
I'm sure there are other things, but those are the ones that come to mind.
This is a bittersweet holiday this year, and I worry that Christmas will be even more so. I'm trying to focus on making it special.
* Jann Arden, Good Mother