Monday, August 02, 2010

Random Rant

I have some heavy, substantive, adoption and high school reunion related posts rolling in my head, but for now, I just want to rant about things of no substance.

1. Why is Yahoo! telling me it's "Back to School Time" every time I log on to my home page? It's AUGUST 2nd. My kids don't go back until the 1st of September, and other kids in our area don't go back until September 7. So, please, Yahoo! Cease and desist.

2. Do we really need another song professing the superiority of "California Girls"? I submit that we do not! Do we not, already, as a people, harbor a deep-seeded belief that the California Girl is superior to all other girls? Doesn't this song just serve to further demoralize all other American Girls who are NOT California Girls? Like the California Girls NEED another ego boost? Somebody needs to write a song about Ohio Girls or Wisconsin Girls, STAT.

3. Why is there almost NOTHING worth watching on TV all week, and then Sunday night we have Leverage, Mad Men, and Rubicon? Thank goodness for my DVR or I would be really miffed about having to choose between Leverage and Rubicon.

4. Why does my daughter want to watch the SAME EPISODE of iCarly over and over and over again, ad nauseum? Why? I don't hate iCarly. I actually find it kind of amusing. It's probably my third favorite children's television show (after Phineas and Ferb and The Penguins of Madagascar (oh King Julian, how you make me laugh)) - but over and over and over, it makes me want to tear my hair out. Aren't there something like 70 episodes of this show? Why must we watch the one where Spencer gets locked in the basement ALL. THE. TIME.

Okay...that's the end of my pointless pop culture rant. Check back later for something to sink your teeth in to.

LM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you made me laugh about the California girls, or in Katy Perry's case, gurls.
And, we here in LA (no, that's Lower Alabama) start school next week. I have a thing at the school I have to go to Aug. 5th. But, we get out of school May 13 this year.

Monday, August 02, 2010 1:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I confess, I shopped for school supplies this morning, even though school here doesn't start until the 7th. But that's because by the end of August they're already clearing out the school supplies to make room for the Halloween decorations. Makes me nuts.

Monday, August 02, 2010 4:36:00 PM  
Blogger teahouse said...

Hahahahaha. Yeah, that California girls song gets really old really fast.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:26:00 AM  
Blogger mam said...

Wisconsin girls, you be so fine; eating curds and tending herds. You're blond and blue and big of bust...you leave those Ohio girls back in the dust!

(You add the backbeat.)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter