Thursday, May 27, 2010

Time For Something Lighter

This blog has been ENTIRELY too depressing, and I need to lighten it up.

So...let's talk about television, shall we?

1.

Crystal was robbed? Yes or no? DISCUSS.

(Of course my personal (and biased) opinion is that YES! CRYSTAL WAS ROBBED. But for the sake of good discussion I'm open to hearing other opinions. Also, discuss further - in the long run is it better to be the Runner Up to the Idol?)

2. What are you looking forward to watching this summer?

I am looking forward to the new show on ABC about the family of thieves, I think it's called Scoundrels. I love a good heist story, so, I'm hoping ABC delivers with this. Also, I just got Season 2 of True Blood in yesterday's mail, so I am looking forward to watching that with Husband after the kiddos go to bed.

3. Glee - DISCUSS - Gaga songs on Glee? Love it or hate it?

I...think I loved it. (I need to write a post about Lana's question (sometimes I let her watch the music and songs from the show) about Rachel and her bio mom, because Lana heard the the words, "I'm your mother but I'm not your mom" and then she and I actually had a really deep and good discussion about her "other mother who had me in her tummy who I never met".) (By the way, KUDOS to Glee's casting agents for the match up of Idina Menzel as Lea Michelle's birth mother, because WOW, that was a stroke of genius.)

But, back to Glee - Burt Hummel is one of the most positive father figures on TV now, I think maybe ever. I love Burt Hummel a little bit. I liked the Glee version of Bad Romance, but my favorite part of the episode was the guy's singing KISS's Beth.*

Further, I think the writers should consult with an adoption attorney in the state where the GLEE is set because, HELLO! GLEE! WRITERS! in the state where you have set this story, Quinn cannot give the baby up for adoption without Puck's signature!!! So it's not "Quinn" putting the baby up for adoption, it's "Quinn and Puck" putting the baby up for adoption. Puck acts like he has no say in the matter. (And hey! Glee writers? It just so happens that I might KNOW of an adoption attorney in that state, so...if you want some assistance, just let me know.) ;-p

4. What other TV should I be borrowing from Netflix to fuel my continued treadmill walking? (The following shows have kept me on the treadmill at various times: Veronica Mars, Alias, Grey's Anatomy, Mad Men, The Wire.) But I need MORE. Please rec me something addictive.

LM

* Have I ever told you about the time Husband and I went to Toronto to see Phantom of the Opera, and Paul Stanley from KISS was playing the phantom and Gene Simmons was seated directly below our (balcony) seats? And can I tell you? Gene Simmons is very tall. Very, very tall. Also, the woman he was seated with had breasts the size of Texas. True story.

13 Comments:

Blogger Family for Peace said...

My only Glee remark is that I think Rachel's bio mom will adopt Quinns baby...

Loved that Gaga. And yes, what a wonderful father figure!!

True Blood season 3 on June 13th baby!!

Thursday, May 27, 2010 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger The Simon Family said...

Have you tried Burn Notice? Love that show!

Thursday, May 27, 2010 4:16:00 PM  
Blogger Emma's mom said...

Glee is kind of addicting, isn't it? I'm glad you mentioned the issues w/ Quinn's pregnancy and Puck's role in giving the baby up.

I've been watching Slings & Arrows, which is a Canadian series. Mark McKinney from Kids in the Hall is in the first season, but I wonder if he'll be around in the second b/c there was no mention of him in the Netflix summary of the show. Another quirky Canadian series I loved is Corner Gas, though that might be an acquired taste.

Lastly, Kurt's dad is hands down the best dad on tv.

Thursday, May 27, 2010 5:47:00 PM  
Blogger Stepping on Legos said...

Just commenting on #4 - that is not at all script writing but reality. Have you seen 16 & Pregnant on MTV? It is JUST LIKE THAT - the dads don't have a clue that they have a right to a say, that they can keep the child, that they have any legal power or authority at all. It literally makes my heart break over and over and over. It is a child rights travesty, imo.

Thursday, May 27, 2010 5:48:00 PM  
Blogger thecurryseven said...

I can't believe I'm giving suggestions for TV shows since we don't actually own a TV...but, I second the Slings and Arrows suggestion and I'll add Psych and Leverage. M. is reading over my shoulder and suggests Monk as well.

e

Thursday, May 27, 2010 10:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Friday, May 28, 2010 8:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't laugh but I enjoy Gossip Girl.

Friday, May 28, 2010 8:16:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I don't watch any of those shows, so I have no comments to add :-).

Have you watched Fringe yet? It is in season 2 and well I LOVE it. It has pacey from Dawsons Creek. It is scifi but soo much more.

And my brother keeps bugging me to watch Breaking Bad.

Friday, May 28, 2010 9:27:00 AM  
Blogger Bonny said...

1) I've known a couple of musicians who competed in various "who wants to be" TV shows. They all say it's best to NOT win because if you DO win, you "belong" to Idol for the next year...if you place?, and get notice?, you have more of a choice of where your career goes.

4) BIG LOVE!

Friday, May 28, 2010 9:57:00 AM  
Blogger Special K said...

Crystal was definitely robbed. But agree with the point that she may be better off with runner up since she won't be locked into the control of the Idol machine.

Friday, May 28, 2010 8:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crystal most definitely WAS robbed. Lee shouldn't have even made the top 20, the guy can not sing without going flat, or whiny, or both. just yuck.

K and I tried Glee when it first came out and kind of hated it. Now I feel like we should have stuck with it if only because everyone talks about it so much!

Have you ever watched Psych? Funny and LOTS of 80's references, which always make me happy.

Sunday, May 30, 2010 1:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breasts the size of Texas? Sounds VERY uncomfortable. I haven't yet seen the Ga Ga episoe of Glee, but every time I watch the show I think, "Lima? Seriously?" Because isn't that where it is supposed to be taking place? What little time I've spent in Lima has just left me with the sense that Glee could never actually happen there.

Sunday, May 30, 2010 2:44:00 PM  
Blogger Trying Traditional said...

robbed? yes, better off? most deffinatley

a few of my favorite shows to watch one after the other: Chuck, Burn Notice, and Monk

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 2:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter