Thursday, April 29, 2010

Are You Kidding Me?

Dear Kristen Davis:

I love you in the Sex and the City.

But, if you think you qualify as a "curvy" woman...I really have to ask, what planet are you on?

Or, more realistically, what planet is Hollywood on?

You are thin. Small, tiny, svelte, willowy, slender or lithe, even. Pick your OWN adjective. Leave curvy to me, m'kay?

Because, out here, in the real world...most of us would probably be trying to stuff a cheeseburger down your throat to keep you from blowing over in a stiff wind.

Kristen Davis says she's never going to be the thinnest actress

LM

Truly, it's articles like this that make me want to hide in a parka beneath a down blanket and never reveal an inch of myself to anyone in public ever again. That's sad, isn't it?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed at that as well.

Thursday, April 29, 2010 4:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogs should have a "like" button. :)

Thursday, April 29, 2010 6:34:00 PM  
Blogger Terynn said...

Oh my. Did you happen to look through the gallery of other "curvy" Hollywood stars? Bwahahaha!! (wipes tears from eyes). ::sniffsniff::snort::

Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:13:00 PM  
Blogger theSpacemom said...

You have hit the nail on the head.

Curvy? What? Do they think women should look like boys?
Listen chikas! You have nice bodies. If you feel bad about your bodies, how do you think the average person who hasn't got time for the gym and eating healthy and can't afford to have 4 bites of something and throw it away feels?
UGH= (and we use runon sentences too!)

Friday, April 30, 2010 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Special K said...

WTF? That article just pissed me off.

Saturday, May 01, 2010 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Makes me so glad I don't live my life in the Hollywood sub culture. I can't imagine living with the irrational pressure that must lead to that kind of thought process. What is she? A size 2 instead of a 0? The horror!

Saturday, May 01, 2010 6:01:00 PM  
Blogger mam said...

Sadly it's true, though -- she isn't the "thinnest of actors." So many of them are size zero or less (my god!). It's awful.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

The only curve on that woman is her smile!

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 5:32:00 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

i FEEL your pain woman. let me hunker down with you.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 1:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter