Saturday, April 10, 2010

I've Still Got Sand in my Shoes,* or, Come to Jamaica and Feel All Right

Husband and I and the kiddos returned last night from a week in Jamaica.

We stayed at a family all inclusive resort (Beaches Boscobel) and we had a lovely time.

Delta Airlines did their best to completely ruin the vacation by screwing up our reservation, but we made it home yesterday evening. (I will post about that tomorrow, I think. If I post about it now, my head my explode, because I am still pretty angry.)

I do believe I may have gained back all the weight I lost (owing to the fact that I was offered rum in various forms all day long for an entire week, and who am I to say no??? Oh, and the food...well, that might have contributed something as well. You know what is AWESOME for breakfast? If you take some raisin bran, and then add whole milk, chopped pecans, sliced almonds, and shredded coconut....yum...especially if eaten as a side to a made-to-order bacon omelet and a mountain of fresh pineapple... And then there was the beef tenderloin, and the curried pork and the red snapper in coconut sauce and the coconut shrimp and the coconut rum and drinks INSIDE of coconuts and um...yeah. I need to get back on the treadmill STAT.)

I will say that going to a family all inclusive resort during the busiest week of the year for family travel (Easter week) - was a bit frustrating. I wish that we had more flexibility in terms of scheduling a vacation, but we are pretty much bound to my husband's school district's spring break, which is pretty much always Easter week. The resort was FULL, and I mean, FULL. But we did have a lovely time.

I will post pictures once I unpack the camera.

LM

*Dido, Sand in My Shoes

1 Comments:

Blogger thecurryseven said...

Mmmmmm...coconut! I love it in all forms. Now I'm hungry.

I'm glad you had a good trip.

e

Saturday, April 10, 2010 6:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter