Tuesday, February 02, 2010

My Heart's Like a Wound*

J~ has been admitted to the hospital.

If you are the praying sort, you might include him in yours, would you?

I find the injustice of this disease infuriating. Horrible, wretched people live to see ninety years or more - but J~, a man who is beloved by virtually everyone who has ever met him - is fighting tooth and nail to see 59. It's not fair.

Have you seen those bracelets? Those, "What Cancer Can NOT Do?" It's a nice idea, that poem. The idea that cancer cannot cripple love, cannot corrode faith...right now? I feel like's it's bullshit. This disease? Is eating someone I love alive. And watching that happen? Like a knife to my heart.

LM

*I can't remember who wrote this verse, or what song it is from...I'm sure it's someone brilliant, though.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chandra said...

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm so sorry, G. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 11:23:00 PM  
Blogger j'lynn said...

I'm so sorry. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of you. Hugs...

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 12:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. You and your family are in my prayers.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 11:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying for J~.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 6:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Thinking of you.

Friday, February 05, 2010 1:37:00 AM  
Blogger Family for Peace said...

Please let me know what I can do... Cancer sucks. Plain and simple. It just sucks. I love you...

Sunday, February 07, 2010 7:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter