Tuesday, January 19, 2010

T-Minus 48.4 Pounds

I am down .8 pounds this week. And while I am still 2/10's of a pound away from my goal for the week, I am still down, overall, by 3.6 lbs after 3 weeks.

In the interest of full disclosure, I had movie theater popcorn TWICE in the last three days and also at restaurant food on Saturday night and Sunday lunch, AND I made a decadent cheese and prosciutto and potato dish on Sunday for dinner. So, truly, the fact that I lost any weight at all this week is kind of amazing.

What am I doing?

Well....basically making an effort to follow Weight Watchers, but I don't have the benefit of a meeting, which is hard. (I am trying to get a Weight Watchers at Work meeting started in my building.)

1. Writing everything down. If I eat it, I write it my notebook. I had a really nice, leather bound notebook that I got as a Christmas gift from a client last year (2008), and it was just sitting here, on my desk, doing nothing. So, I started using it as my food journal. It is too big to lug around so I got a small notepad for my purse for weekends.

2. Drinking lots and lots and lots of water and caffeine free herbal tea. I am going to float away. At least 6 glasses a day. My favorites right now are Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry and Celestial Seasonings Very Berry Cherry. If I just can't stomach the thought of any more water or tea, I am drinking Raspberry Lemonade Crystal Light or Pomegranate Cherry Crystal Light.

3. Eating fruits and vegetables with every meal, and trying to remember to eat them FIRST. (I am not eating a vegetable at breakfast. I cannot face broccoli that early in the day.)

4. Eating lots of high fiber foods.

Anyway, please keep cheering me on!

LM

10 Comments:

Blogger Duchess said...

You rock! I am totally going to favorite this post for when I need to lose the baby weight, keep it up you are doing awesome!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am proud of you. Keep up the good work.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:33:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Way to kick some ass, girl! Keep it up!

As far as veggies in the a.m., do you like egg white scrambles? I actually get my largest helping of veggies in the morning by chopping up broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini, asparagus, cauliflower, spinach, etc. and scrambling them with four or five egg whites. It's actually pretty good with some salsa or a little Tabasco. Just an idea. I don't always have enough time to chop everything in the morning, so sometimes I do it at night. If only I had a chef...

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't normally comment but I did want to say congrats on the weight loss!! I have been doing WW for 12 weeks now and I am loving it. Some of the things thye teach at the meeting are great so i just wanted to share some points. Each month mark a calendar with days that you may actually have a hard time staying on the program. Then look at the whole picture you'll see you are good more then you are bad. So don't fret it. Arner's makes a roll that is one point and really good, I use it as a roll and for my bread now and no fat greek yogurt is a great substitute for sour cream. You get like a 1/2 cup of it for a point. I use it for my chili, I make dip out of for veggies and chips when I am needing that crunch. Anyway, hope that is helpful. Good Job!! K

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:52:00 AM  
Blogger Sandra & Steve said...

Keep it up, the key is consistancy, not something I'm good at with diet or exercise. You sound like you've got that...not to throw you (or me) off...but...that cheese, prosciutto, potatoe thing sounded good, care to share the recipe?
;0)

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Way to go!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:53:00 PM  
Blogger Trying Traditional said...

That is wonderful! Keep it up!!

I'm trying to lose as well, but am counting calories. Fun, no, but it's working so far. 2lbs the first week and that was with two birthday parties the weekend before weighing in! My goal is 16 lbs before my brithday (about 10 weeks from when I started.) It's a tough goal, but I am trying to be stubborn about it. So far as veggies for breakfast, I love them! Salsa on your eggs (but not the sugary junk you buy in a jar...the good stuff), peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini. They all taste good over eggs or even just stir-fried together with a side of cottage cheese. Keep posting your progress, it motivates me to see others doing so well!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:24:00 PM  
Blogger mam said...

Congratulations! I'm kind of on the opposite end of the approach; I've been going to they gym for a while but not monitoring food at all. I think I'm eating less/better, but not deliberately. I hate feeling obsessed with intake. Not weighing myself either...just hoping I can feel changes in energy and clothes' fit.

Well done! I'm sure you're going to reach your goal at the end of the year. What movies did you see?

Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger j'lynn said...

This is so great!! Way to go!! :) I'm so proud of you! Keep it up girl. I expect to gain this week...it has been a very bad week...ugh. Can't wait to hear how you do in the next week!!

Thursday, January 21, 2010 11:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job! Keep it up - I lost about 30 pounds last summer and am aiming to do the same this year. It is never easy. So, you go!!

Thursday, February 18, 2010 12:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter