Friday, January 01, 2010

So Take These Words, and Sing Out Loud, 'Cause Everyone's Forgiven Now, Tonight's The Night The World Begins Again

On this, the first day of a new decade, I am humbled when I read about the actions of others.

I hope that the actions of E's young adults are an example of good and kind things - a symptom, dare I hope, of a decade of compassion and thoughtfulness?

I will strive for these things in my little corner of the world.

**************************

We spent last night in the company of good friends - the same friends with whom we bid goodbye to 1999.

(On December 31, 1999, I was hugely pregnant with Gabriel, and slightly depressed that I didn't own Prince's 1999 CD, an album I only ever had on cassette, which by 1999 was long gone. For obvious reasons, I wanted to party like it was 1999, and without the music, how could I? It was the low point of the 90s for me, those last few hours I spent Prince-less. YouTube has brought us such a long way in these last few years, where almost any song you can think of is only a few key clicks away.)

Last night we said goodbye to The Aughts with good friends, good steak, good rum, and good chocolate. Who could ask for more?

* Goo Goo Dolls, Better Days - we all need to go and listen to the words of this song - you can find the video here.

2 Comments:

Blogger thecurryseven said...

Thanks for the mention. I'm kind of proud of them.

e

Saturday, January 02, 2010 10:58:00 PM  
Blogger mam said...

Love that song too. Just saying hi.

Monday, January 04, 2010 7:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter