Thursday, November 26, 2009

Epic Fail

We celebrated Thanksgiving with David's family today. I am very full and very tired.

We are celebrating Thanksgiving with my family tomorrow. Husband and I responsible for bringing the turkey tomorrow.

Last night, Husband and I spent two hours elbow deep in a turkey, creating tunnels between the meat and the skin of the turkey, and they filling those tunnels with a hazelnut, butter, shallots and prosciutto.

This was supposed to be a festive first thanksgiving for my aunt's two new step-sons. This is their first thanksgiving in America.

The stepsons? Follow a dietary code common to many people in certain parts of the world.

GUESS WHAT IS NOT KOSHER?

Prosciutto.

I suck.

I didn't even OCCUR to me, as I was elbow deep in raw turkey, that prosciutto is HAM.

And I'm told that the fact that the prosciutto is has now touched the bird makes any effort I make to pull the prosciutto off of part of the bird NULL and VOID.

The turkey should be delicious. I still feel like a schmuck.

LM

Should I tell them that Jesus would let them eat prosciutto?

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I'm sorry your family won't be able to eat it, but Dang that sounds delicious!

Thursday, November 26, 2009 11:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no!! What did you do? (I would've picked up a nice little fryer at Safeway for them to eat...)

Sunday, November 29, 2009 6:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter