Thursday, October 22, 2009

Waiting Child - Breaking My Heart

This probably isn't entirely kosher...but my heart broke when I read this email from our local FCC chapter this morning. So I am putting the email, in its entirety, here. This little boy is the same age as my son, and I cannot stop thinking about this.

I was asked to share this. it is from the director of homeland Adoption Services:

Hi Everyone,We need your help. A child we know, a nine year old boy with scoliosis, has been waiting for his family to arrive. But, the family approved to adopt him cannot complete the adoption for reasons that have nothing to do with this child.

We are beyond heartbroken, because this is the second family that has backed out on this child at the 11th hour. He is a smart, kind and completely adorable little boy whose entire demeanor changed when he learned that a family wanted him. He was beaming in his update photos.

Now, if we cannot find parents for him, he will have to be told that no one is coming after all.If you know anyone who is paper ready, or almost paper ready, who might speak up for him, PLEASE have them contact us right away. Nancy and I are quite distraught over this, because we have met this child and spent time with him. He has waited so long and has been so hopeful. We thought he would be part of a family by now.

If someone can adopt him, there will be no agency fee and there is some extra funding available. We did some fund raising for this child because we really felt for him and we knew that not many families would be open to a boy of his age.

If someone who is pre approved to adopt would be open to adopting a second child on the same trip, that may be possible. He's in Jiangsu Province.

It is very painful to think that this child will be left behind...please let families know about him. If you think he could be your son, call us at 845-727-0500 or email homelandadoption (at) aol (dot) com

Many thanks,Pam Thomas

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, that really is heart-breaking. Poor little fellow.
I hope he finds his family - will you let us know, if you hear?

Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying he finds a family- soon!

Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:06:00 PM  
Blogger thecurryseven said...

I already commented on the Holt board, but I feel so sad for this boy. There's no way we could consider it...4 month old twins, plus his country of origin believes we have too little income and too many children.

11 year old boys are wonderful. Have you thought about another boy for your family? (I'm only joking a little bit.)

e

Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:26:00 PM  
Blogger Irshlas said...

Your post absolutely stunned me. I desperately wish we could add to our family but we're no where near ready at this time. As someone also said, we don't have the income for his homeland's requirements. How incredibly tragic for him. I hope your post finds a family who is able to provide everything he needs.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, ouch. That hurst my heart. Please, please update as you hear more.

Saturday, October 24, 2009 8:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter