Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sometimes I Worry About You Darlin', You Wear Too Much Mascara*

Bunny's Mom reminded me that I wanted to talk about my new Va-Va-Va-Voom mascara. And I DO. (She reminded me of this because Bunny's Mom let Bunny wear clear mascara to school yesterday and I wanted to know what kind.)

Anyway, most of my adult I have worn only clear mascara.

My eyelashes are already very dark black, and most mascara seems to just flake into my eyes, run down my cheeks, and makes me end up looking like a raccoon. So it wasn't worth it to me to use anything but clear.

THEN, I read about "tubing" mascara, which I thought was probably a bunch of bubkis, until I read two articles (not in Cosmo) that it was a good choice for people with sensitive eyes and contacts. (I don't wear contacts, but I would classify my eyes as sensitive.)

SO. I went to RiteAid and I bought some "tubing" mascara. And let me tell you, it really does seem to work. It doesn't flake, and it doesn't bother my eyes. It doesn't come off if my eyes get a little watery, but it does come off in water (like, in the pool or shower.)

I have had several complements about my eyes since I started wearing it. So many that I have been really surprised. (They range from, "you look fabulous today" to (my favorite) in the elevator, leaving work last Thursday, I got a, "You are looking...incredibly well-rested," from a guy I went to law school with. (Of course, considering that while I was going to law school, I had, well, LAW SCHOOL, and a SLEEPLESS INFANT, the fact that I wasn't falling asleep on my feet, and lacked baby puke on any part of my ensemble was probably a dramatic improvement.)

At any rate, I just wanted to share my new found appreciation for tubing mascara. (I bought L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes but I think there are several varieties on the market.) (For the record, no cosmetic companies asked me to write about this. This is totally unsolicited praise on my part.)

*Rod Stewart, Camouflage

2 Comments:

Blogger mam said...

OK, seriously. You can't have all these freakishly relevant lyrics just sitting there in your head, do you? Do you do a google search to find good ones? Mascara lyrics?! You amaze me.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 12:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anne in NY said...

I've seen the commercials and have been oddly fascinated. You just sealed the deal for me. Rite-Aid, here I come...! :-)

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter