Saturday, July 18, 2009

Random

I am sitting here awaiting the arrival of our Japanese exchange student, Yoko, who will be spending the next three weeks with us.

Lana is at a birthday party. (She was so excited to be invited.) Gabe is watching television, and my husband is off fixing my uncle's mailbox, so I have a rare moment of just being able to do...nothing. It's kind of nice.

Husband and I had an actual date last night for the first time in several weeks. We went out to see the Harry Potter movie. I did not hate it...but it left so much out of the story. It was a bit disappointing and I think if I hadn't read the books I would have been confused. HOWEVER, it was nice to go the movies with my husband and to go out for drinks and dinner after.

Lana has been having some strange sleeping issues since the tooth fairy incident of a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Normally, Lana is a good sleeper, but she has had her periods of sleep screaming, which, frankly, have really sucked. She also has sleep talking incidents (preferable to sleep screaming) and also teeth grinding. But this new sleep issue is that she claims she "can't" sleep. She seems to be having trouble falling asleep, which has not been a problem before, and then, if she wakes in the middle of the night, she wants to sleep with Husband and I. (This wouldn't be a problem if it happened once or twice a month - but, lately, it's been happening almost every night.)

I hate to complain about this, since, at this point, if we let her get in bed with us, she generally goes right back to sleep. The main problem is that she then wakes up when we wake up, and she misses out on the two more hours of sleep that she really needs. (And she is a bear to deal with if she doesn't get 10 hours of sleep at night. A BEAR.)

Not really sure what to do - just rambling.

Sorry this post is so random.

LM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think sleep issues are some of the hardest things parents have to deal with because we're so tired when they come up and all *we* want to do is sleep! R goes through phases where she "needs" to sleep with us. If she catches me in my deepest sleep, she gets to sleep in the bed. If I'm awake enough to think straight, she sleeps in a sleeping bag on our floor. Which still results in her not sleeping enough, but generally isn't as attractive an option and so she's more likely to stay in her own bed the next night.

Monday, July 20, 2009 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger My Franks said...

Oye! I can't seem to follow nanny911's advice. Our daughter, soon, to be three is now scared to sleep alone. She told me she is afraid of Swiper (Dora). She also yells in her sleep...
I use a sleep cot in our room which she is welcome to if she wakes up. Right now I sit at the end of her bed at night before she falls asleep.
Good luck and hope you have better solutions than mine!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:56:00 PM  
Blogger My Franks said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter