Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I am Irrationally Fascinated by this News Story

Governor of South Carolina Goes Missing

Honestly, I don't blame the guy for wanting some time to clear his head and get away by himself for a few days. I understand that desire to spend some time alone.

However, when one is a GOVERNOR of a STATE, it seems to me it would be PRUDENT to tell your staff where you are. And, oh, I don't know, maybe alert the person who's second-in-command, in case there is a some kind of emergency that might require the attention of the person who is supposed to be running an entire state.

What I find most curious is this statement about the governor's wife:


"The governor's wife, Jenny Sanford, told The Associated Press she had not seen him since Thursday but was not concerned because he'd told her he wanted to get away and do some writing." (Emphasis added.)

Um.............WHAT????????????????

Perhaps the Sanford's have a different kind of marriage than, say...the average married couple.

But, if I hadn't seen my HUSBAND in DAYS, and he was missing ON FATHER'S DAY and I didn't know where he was...I am pretty sure I would not be telling people that I hadn't heard from him but was not concerned.

(And, those of you who know me in real life are thinking that if I hadn't seen Husband in days and didn't know where he was that I would have to be sedated because I would a.) be completely hysterical with worry and b.) would have called the police, the FBI, and in all likelihood, some kind of psychic.)

Wasn't the woman worried that he might have been KIDNAPPED? I mean, it seems to me that a sitting governor would be a prime asset for a terrorist kidnapping?

I don't care who you are, but disappearing without any explanation of your whereabouts to your loved ones is RUDE and CRUEL and a little bit crazy.

So, what do you think? Was he hiking? Was he in Argentina? Or was he holed up in a hotel room with a lovah?

I would put my money on the last option...

LM



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, so close! I was thinking an affair but I didn't see the affair with the Argentine woman.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31522908/ns/politics-more_politics/

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 5:39:00 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Ding, ding, ding. You win! :)

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Nicki said...

yep you called it! Did you see that the wife made a statement that they have been separated for those weeks? I guess that explains why she knew and did not care.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:50:00 PM  
Blogger tksthoughts said...

As irritated as I am about the affir itself (that is a comment for another day) I am more disgusted with his stupidity. You leave the country, you don't tell anyone where you are going, you don't check in so your dissaperance becomes a national issue, and then you return to the busiest airport and then you have the AUDACITY to get on TV and cry. REALLY!?!??!? Forget moral issues - he should be impeached for lack of brain power!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 8:12:00 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

All I can really think is... That must have been SOME affair to make him forget he had a whole state to think about, let alone his family! Pathetic on his part. Oh and thanks for the 8 hour advice- my sanity seems to be returning!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 8:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Elaine said...

Yep, you were right. What I don't get is this: if he was breaking up with the woman, couldn't he have just called her? I mean, he's pretty much a dog at this point anyway (no insult to actual dogs intended), so just call her. And if he really was being so noble and all, doing it in person? It doesn't take seven or however many days to break up with someone. Uless, of course, you're having lots of goodbye sex.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love this story. Seriously, He didn't think he would get caught? Really?

Hheheeee. they always get caught.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, are you like a prophet or something? How did you know?!!

Sunday, June 28, 2009 7:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter