Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I am in love...

I am so in love with this Tom Petty song, Down South. I hadn't ever heard it before until a month ago. Now I cannot stop listening to it. (As with all of my musical obsessions, it's hit me hard and fast with no regard for release date. I nearly drove Husband insane a few months ago when I listened to a Refreshments song from 1996 called "Mekong" for three weeks straight.*)

Anyway, this song is a few years old, from the 2006 album Highway Companion.

Here is the best version of it I could find on Youtube. (The video has a weird edit, which removes the BEST line of the whole song, which is, "gonna see my daddy's mistress, gonna buy back her forgiveness, pay off every witness") - but it is still a song that is made of awesome.

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, Down South

*Do you think this is a sign of some kind of mental illness???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter