Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Like a Patient Etherized Upon a Table*

So....

I'm having surgery tomorrow.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't freaked out.

Because...I'm freaked out.

Also, I'm kind of scared. Of what, exactly, I cannot put my finger one. But, there you go. I'm scared.

Hopefully it will be a nice, routine, boring surgery that would totally not get the residents on Grey's Anatomy excited. That's what I'm hoping for - boring, routine, and also, LAPROSCOPIC. I am really, really hoping for laproscopic, because otherwise, they have to slice my abdomen open, and that will suck.

If the surgery can be done laproscopically, I can go home after one or two nights and go back to work in two to three weeks.

Otherwise, the recovery is a lot longer.

If you are awake at 7:30 Eastern Time tomorrow morning...and can spare a minute to send good, routine, laproscopic thoughts my way...please do.

*The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, T.S. Eliot

12 Comments:

Anonymous Amy said...

I certainly will do that. I hope all goes well tomorrow.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:41:00 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Sending good thoughts your way! And see if you can hear the mermaids singing each to each :)

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:07:00 PM  
Blogger Terynn said...

I will add you to my blackberry alarm thingie, so I can pray. Let us know how things go.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking and praying for you tomorrow.
~CB

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:26:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Praying and will continue to do so.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:32:00 PM  
Blogger thecurryseven said...

I hope everything goes well tomorrow. I'll be praying.

e

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that poem. Love love love. I wish you an easy surgery and a speedy recovery.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger niobe said...

Sending lots of good thoughts. (and I absolutely love the title of this post. You are so clever.)

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloglines is evil and didn't tell me you had a post up! But I am praying for you right now, thinking LAPROSCOPIC! Hopefully the surgery is over and you are kicking back in a recovery room feeling no pain.
Take care, friend.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 2:15:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Thinking of you.....i know, i'm late but I'm sure you could still use the love!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:38:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I hope the surgery went well and was laproscopic. Sending lots of positive healing wishes your way.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:50:00 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I will be sending lots of good vibes your way. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter