Too tired to write anything of substance, so...random bullet points:
- Delt@ managed to lose the same bag they lost on our way TO our vacation, on our way home FROM vacation. I am astonished by the odds of that happening.
- After Delt@ delivered us back to Detroit at 3:00 AM (three hours late, but I cannot really fault Delt@ for the tornadoes in Atlanta) - twenty-five pieces of luggage were missing from the flight. Yes, the flight left Atlanta THREE HOURS LATE, and missing 1/4 of the luggage that was supposed to be on board.
- At 3:30 AM, Delt@ only had one person working at the Detroit airport. That person didn't know very much about finding lost luggage. Her name was Laura. She tried really hard. I don't really think Delt@ deserves to have her on their staff.
- Delt@ also had a lady named Susan W working at Gate A24 in Atlanta who they really need to promote to the position of CEO because she was, seriously, the only person working for Delt@ that I encountered last week who had a CLUE about how an airline is supposed to run. Kudos to you, Susan W. I'm afraid your idiot employer is going to fall flat on it's a**, though.
- Delt@ didn't have enough food on board (even the crap stuff that they make you pay for) to feed the passengers on board any of the planes I was on. Also, they ran out of DIET COKE. Listen to me, rat bag airlines: YOU DO NOT F**KING RUN OUT DIET COKE. YOU DO NOT LET IT HAPPEN. And you wonder why there have been more incidents of air rage. You starve people and THEN, deprive them of DIET COKE??? That kind of terrorism in the skies is UNACCEPTABLE.
- I have seriously never seen an island more beautiful in my entire life. The water was so blue it was like something out of a dream. The sand was like sugar. The air smelled like flowers. There were hummingbirds and tiny geckos and tree frogs everywhere. If you ever get to go, really, GO.
Re: the resort we stayed at
- Why would you serve Maxwell House coffee? Why? People sitting on an island in the Caribbean DO NOT WANT TO DRINK MAXWELL HOUSE*. I'm very serious about this. I know there was better coffee on that island...
Re: the death flu
- I am seeing my doctor tomorrow morning because I finished my antibiotics two days ago and now I am once again coughing up a lung. This is an ugly sickness that is hanging around
Re: A question for my Jewish friends
- If one is actually IN Jerusalem at Passover, does one still finish the Seder by saying, "Next year in Jerusalem"? Inquiring minds want to know.
*I am of the opinion that no one ever really WANTS to drink Maxwell House