Monday, April 13, 2009

Random

Too tired to write anything of substance, so...random bullet points:

Re: Airlines
  • Delt@ managed to lose the same bag they lost on our way TO our vacation, on our way home FROM vacation. I am astonished by the odds of that happening.
  • After Delt@ delivered us back to Detroit at 3:00 AM (three hours late, but I cannot really fault Delt@ for the tornadoes in Atlanta) - twenty-five pieces of luggage were missing from the flight. Yes, the flight left Atlanta THREE HOURS LATE, and missing 1/4 of the luggage that was supposed to be on board.
  • At 3:30 AM, Delt@ only had one person working at the Detroit airport. That person didn't know very much about finding lost luggage. Her name was Laura. She tried really hard. I don't really think Delt@ deserves to have her on their staff.
  • Delt@ also had a lady named Susan W working at Gate A24 in Atlanta who they really need to promote to the position of CEO because she was, seriously, the only person working for Delt@ that I encountered last week who had a CLUE about how an airline is supposed to run. Kudos to you, Susan W. I'm afraid your idiot employer is going to fall flat on it's a**, though.
  • Delt@ didn't have enough food on board (even the crap stuff that they make you pay for) to feed the passengers on board any of the planes I was on. Also, they ran out of DIET COKE. Listen to me, rat bag airlines: YOU DO NOT F**KING RUN OUT DIET COKE. YOU DO NOT LET IT HAPPEN. And you wonder why there have been more incidents of air rage. You starve people and THEN, deprive them of DIET COKE??? That kind of terrorism in the skies is UNACCEPTABLE.

Re: Antigua

  • I have seriously never seen an island more beautiful in my entire life. The water was so blue it was like something out of a dream. The sand was like sugar. The air smelled like flowers. There were hummingbirds and tiny geckos and tree frogs everywhere. If you ever get to go, really, GO.

Re: the resort we stayed at

  • Why would you serve Maxwell House coffee? Why? People sitting on an island in the Caribbean DO NOT WANT TO DRINK MAXWELL HOUSE*. I'm very serious about this. I know there was better coffee on that island...

Re: the death flu

  • I am seeing my doctor tomorrow morning because I finished my antibiotics two days ago and now I am once again coughing up a lung. This is an ugly sickness that is hanging around

Re: A question for my Jewish friends

  • If one is actually IN Jerusalem at Passover, does one still finish the Seder by saying, "Next year in Jerusalem"? Inquiring minds want to know.

LM

*I am of the opinion that no one ever really WANTS to drink Maxwell House

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am can always count on your blog to make me smile - and not smiling at your terrible treatment by Delt@.

BTW - yes, to my knowledge, Jews in Jerusalem say the same thing - as a way of "May God let us be here," plus a way of saying that they want the Jerusalem of old to return.

Monday, April 13, 2009 5:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was from me - Kiersten

Monday, April 13, 2009 5:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

oh Delt@, it is so past time for you to go under.

Monday, April 13, 2009 8:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

maxwell house BLOWS. But people now from the US think it rocks. We went to Canada and were given maxwell house cause that MUST be what we drink.

I need a vaca, would die to go anywhere alone with Conor. Could be the motel down the road...with maxwell house, so I am very jealous!

and C flies delta ALL THE TIME, never any issues but atlanta sucks!

Monday, April 13, 2009 9:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger just ate my comment. So rude. It was a good one too. Here it is again, in brief:

Flying = Hate.

Maxwell House - Foodie friends of ours just discovered they LOVE it. Surprise to me, but then I don't like any coffee. Not even a tiny bit to make a mocha.

Okay, the comment was better the first time. Stupid Blogger.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Trying Traditional said...

I'm still bitter about Delt@ making me wait until the last minute to board the plane from LAX to home with the twins. They didn't want to let me fly solo, even though I had the extra seat and approval. Then once they get me on the plane after boarding everyone else I was quite firmly told to not expect any help, services, and to be sure to use the changing pad in the bathroom not the seat. I made it from Hanoi to Hong Kong and life was good, LAX to Cincy was a nightmare...a freezing, foodless, heartless nightmare. It's only been a couple years, I doubt they will still be around when I am over it.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 11:21:00 PM  
Blogger Cearley said...

Community Coffee, best in the world, although i'm not sure you can find it outside of louisiana

Friday, April 17, 2009 3:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really worried now b/c I'm supposed to use Delt@ to fly to Japan in June. If there's no Diet Coke for 12 hours, you'll be seeing me on the evening news- in a mug shot.

Friday, April 17, 2009 7:24:00 PM  
Blogger bluefairy said...

My DH and I just came back this weekend from a 12 day cruise and the last port of call was Antigua on Monday and I LOVED Antigua it was beautiful. We went to Turners beach and a tour of St. John, we'll definately go back there. Glad you enjoyed your trip, regardless of you being sick.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 12:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter