Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Maybe she's not a personal trainer and is, in fact, a really wily serial killer?

I think Jillian Michaels is trying to kill me.

I'm on Day 3 of her 30-Day-Shred DVD workout and I am pretty sure every muscle in my body aches.

OH. THE. ACHES.

Technically speaking, I am on day 2, because I've done the workout the last two nights, and I won't do the workout again until this evening, but really, the point is, I HURT.

The workout is only 20 minutes, and yet, afterwards, I feel as if I might die.

Which is, I gather, the way I'm supposed to feel after the workout.

My reasons for this fitness routine are two-fold. Or maybe three-fold. (Thri-fold?) (Multi-fold?) (Origami-like?)

First, Husband and I, in the not too distant future, are extremely lucky in that we are going to go sit on the beach for a few days and drink rum and snorkel and get sand in unfortunate places, and I don't want to look like a whale whilst doing those things.

Second, our d*&n treadmill is STILL BROKEN. Allegedly, it might be fixed on Thursday. It's been over two months of monkeying around regarding the warranty and it's become tiresome.

Third, I recently found out I am going to have to have some surgery in May, and I've been told that it is better, all around, if one is having surgery, to be in decent physical shape before the surgery happens. And right now, owing to the broken treadmill and the bleak, hideous, gray and wretched winter we have just had - I am SO. FAR.OUT.OF.SHAPE that I cannot even see "in shape" on the horizon. Unless the shape is ROUND. Which is not the shape I am going for.

So, I will soldier on with this aching. And with this murderous woman who is trying to kill me.

Although, if I don't look any better in a bathing suit after 30 days of this, I might have to hunt HER down. (Kidding!) (Mostly!)

LM

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is this workout like, hard? Because I am not a coordinated person and also not very patient but I like the idea of a quick workout that has such serious results.
At least you have the excuse of the broken treadmill - my exercise bike works just fine, not that I'd know from first hand experience. I haven't been on the thing in... ummm... many months? And let's just say? It shows. Sigh.
If only the Renaissance look could come back in fashion... then I'd be doing great! :-)

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto that. When a girl can't dry her hair without wimpering, well...there's a problem. I stand by your achy side, friend. We shall overcome and before this 30 days is over, we WILL step up to Level 2 on this exercise routine. Good luck with Day 3. I nearly punched the tv screen during the boxing cardio. Sigh...

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm pretty sure she's probably trying to kill you. I mean, have you SEEN her? Well, yeah, I guess you have. For 20 minutes at a time. Those muscles. Hang in there. I'd like to tell you that the aching will stop, but it'll take a while. I ache really badly today, if it makes you feel any better. You can do it! Focus on your goals - the suit and the surgery - and power through. And take some A*leve. :)

Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:05:00 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

Oh, I have this cute little dress hanging up in my closet where I see it all the time. I have no hope of fitting into it, but it makes me do my workout. Maybe someday?

Thursday, March 19, 2009 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger hudson6803 said...

I am on Day 8 (have done it 7 times thus far...skipping day three for a less abusive work out video and picked day 3 back up the next day). I had hoped that it would be considerably easier by now. Alas, it isn't. I'm not doing any modifications anymore though (well, other than girl push ups). Good luck!

Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter