Friday, February 20, 2009

I wonder, where are you tonight? Are you painting the town while I just sit around?*

I've been MIA, forgive me. I did write a post yesterday, but evidently Blogger ate it.



A plague seems to have set upon my house. Husband and Lana have both been running fevers for many, many days. There was one night when I only 4 hours of sleep and...that next day was a very bad day.


I don't think I have mentioned here that Lana is scheduled to have her tonsils and adenoids removed next Friday. I'm worried that they will not be able to take them out next week because they are so inflamed from her current illness. (Her tonsils are enormous. Huge. Like golfballs in the back of her throat. They are affecting her swallowing and her breathing and her speech. And I suspect that they are making her current feverishness worse.)



Between being very busy at work and sick kid and sick husband, I don't have a lot of energy to write. But I'm still breathing, still here. Hopefully I'll have something interesting to say, quite soon.



LM



*Aretha Franklin, I Wonder

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd wondered where you'd gone. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Saturday, February 21, 2009 9:47:00 AM  
Blogger Jules and Danny said...

Sending healthy vibes your way!
Jules

Saturday, February 21, 2009 11:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're okay. Sorry to hear about the plague upon your house. Hope Lana is better soon and the surgery goes well!

Saturday, February 21, 2009 1:12:00 PM  
Blogger mam said...

Where I am tonight: at work, preparing (faking my way through) a presentation due tomorrow. Here's hoping no one I work with reads this! I'm sorry about Lana -- I sure hope she's able to get those things OUT of her as scheduled.

Saturday, February 21, 2009 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

We went through that with T, the adenoids and tubes...not tonsils. I will be thinking of you guys on Friday. Hope Lana has a quick recovery.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter