Things I Have Learned in the Last Ten Days
- Sometimes the only (and best) thing you can do for your client is convince them that the fight is no longer worth fighting.
- Even if opposing counsel is mean and nasty, it is not necessary to take it personally. (And as much as I know this logically, it is still hard not to take it personally.)
- When the magistrate rules against you....it is also not necessary to take it personally.
- Cashmere lined leather gloves are a nice thing to have and are usually warm enough. Negative 2 degrees Fahrenheit LAUGHS IN THE FACE of cashmere lined leather gloves.
- A walk to the courthouse that usually takes 10 minutes will take 20 if the sidewalks are covered in ice.
- Two little girls + a bag full of beads + a spool of elastic thread = hours of entertainment
- Five hours in a car with one of your best Girlfriends doesn't so much feel like five hours.
- Putting your foot in cat puke at 2 AM is no fun.