Thursday, January 15, 2009

Strep

You know what sucks?

Schlepping oneself to two day's worth of hearings, hopped up on Sudaphed and ibuprofen, through 12 inches of snow, across sidewalks caked with ice and salt and slush, feeling like something the cat dragged in, feeling lightheaded, feeling feverish...2 degrees outside and too hot inside...

I thought I just had a bad cold.

In fact I have strep throat.

So does Lana.

One dose of antibiotics and I still feel cruddy. Lana has two doses in her and seems to be feeling marginally better.

I'm going to pop some more penicillin and some tylenol PM and hope to sleep for HOURS. (Which would be a major improvement over the past two nights of almost no sleep due to the sensation that my throat and my ear were on FIRE.)

LM

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo, strep is yucky. Even with the antibiotics it usually takes me a couple of days to start feeling normal. Hope you feel much better soon.

Friday, January 16, 2009 7:38:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

feel better. I am actually still sick from christmas vaca. And think I have a sinus infection since I can barely see or deal with my face. so off to the dr. god I hope the antibiotics work.

Strep stinks, it is very virulent this year.

Friday, January 16, 2009 8:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that really does suck. Strep hurts like nothing else. Take care of you and enjoy this very legitimate excuse to lay around!!

Friday, January 16, 2009 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

Oh, no! It's the worst. Lots of sleep, and be better!

Friday, January 16, 2009 2:31:00 PM  
Blogger KelleyO said...

Fire ears??? Snuggle in and sleep it off. I hope you are feeling better today!

Friday, January 16, 2009 4:18:00 PM  
Blogger Welshie said...

Hi Gretchen

Just reading you "Journey to Lana" blog and wanted to say that last July I was in Hanoi and I ate at the Green Tangarine! The food was ok but they brought soft shell crabs and expected me to eat them!! Yuck.

Debbie in the UK

Sunday, January 18, 2009 12:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter