Friday, January 30, 2009

See You Later, Alligator

Sometimes, even eviction court can be exciting.

In what may be the highlight of my legal career, I can now say that I have....wait for it...

Evicted an alligator.

And no, I am not making that up. Not even a little.

Standing in court, I ask my client, "does the tenant still occupy the premises by his person or his possessions?"

My client says, "Yes. Well, by his...by his possessions. He's gone. He left his alligator."

Me: "A living alligator?"

My client says, "Yes, a live alligator. But no food."

I asked the court for an order allowing my client to regain possession of the apartment...and for an order allowing him to have animal control come remove the alligator.

This is a first for me.

I did once have to evict a goat, and several pit bulls. But I'm pretty sure this is my first reptile...

LM

4 Comments:

Blogger mam said...

Ha! But you didn't actually "evict" the alligator, thankfully. You just had to say the magic words; some poor schmo with a noose-on-a-stick thingy has to go do the dirty work.

Friday, January 30, 2009 5:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is heartless, an alligator is cold-blooded and it is only going to get up to about 15 degrees with about 11 inches of snow here. Just what shelter is going to take that alligator? Times are surely tough for mammal and reptile alike.
The real question is, however, could the alligator have made his mortgage payments if the loan was restructured.

Friday, January 30, 2009 5:48:00 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

I think you're my hero. No lie.

Friday, January 30, 2009 6:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAY more fun than family court! haha.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 10:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter