Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Can somebody stick a fork in me, because I am just DONE

I now have HIVES. Big, itchy red hives, that started on my feet, moved to my hands, and have now crawled their way up my limbs. They hurt and they itch and the doctor is seeing me in an hour.

But until then, I just need to vent! Argh!

Can I recap my tale of woe?

So, after my surgery, they gave me narcotics for pain. But the narcotics made me nauseated so they gave me Zofran for the nausea.

Then the took me off the narcotics for pain, since the nausea seemed to outweigh the benefit of pain relief, and put me on Motrin 800.

The withdrawal from the narcotics caused wicked, skull splitting headaches, and more nausea.

THEN, I got a bladder infection, and the first antibiotic didn't work, but the second antibiotic seemed to work, EXCEPT THAT I AM NOW COVERED WITH HIVES.

I feel like I am stuck in a really dull episode of House.

I just want to feel better..added to all this is the stress and worry over Kelsey who is still missing and with each passing day I feel a little piece of hope leave me.

Sorry to be so pathetic...

LM

7 Comments:

Anonymous Elaine said...

Crud. Just crud, crud, crud. I'm sorry about the hives, and I'm sorry about your cousin. I hope the Dr. can figure something out, and I hope your cousin is found soon.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You aren't pathetic - in your place I'd be crawling the walls. I really hope Kelsey comes home soon. And that the docs can give you relief from the pain and itching.

P.S. Loved the photos of the kids at the ballpark and Lana's version of Take me out to the ballgame.

Paula

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Ugh. I am so sorry about all of this. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon and Kelsey will come home. You are in my prayers.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel terrible that you are going through all that mess. But, the "really dull episode of House" gave me a good laugh! Feel better soon.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. You just can't catch a break!!! Hope they figure out the hives and make them go away ASAP.
And still praying for your cousin. May you hear good news very very soon.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:12:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

You are NOT pathetic. this just plain sucks. Lots of positive, healing thoughts coming your way...

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 7:08:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

good lord...you are an episode of house. Feel better....hives and all...sooo soon!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 8:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter