Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dear Anonymous,

Dear Anonymous Poster who left this gem on a post I wrote THREE YEARS AGO

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I don't believe it. I guess all of you anti-teacher / homework haters should just try walking in our shoes. No, we can not do it all by ourselves. Yes, the government has failed us all in how and what the students need to learn and why. Don't take it out on us. We know homework should only take 10 minutes. Is sounds more like LawMomy's son is just anal about his work. What LawMommy should have said was do your best and that is all you can do. Next time mommy will be home early enough to help you do it in 10 minutes!

I am impressed that you have managed to imply that my child is anal-retentive, that I am an absent parent, and that I am a "teacher hater" in just a few sentences.

I am shocked how much traffic this one post receives, I truly am. I had no idea that complaining about First Grade Homework was so controversial.

But if the anonymous poster had spent ANY TIME reading ANY OTHER POST on my blog, they would know that I am MARRIED to a TEACHER, for Pete's sake. I am not a teacher hater. I am not an absent mom (and in fact, I was not an absent mom on the night this event happened, three years ago. I was trying to let my son play outside in the fresh hour for 45 minutes. I GUESS THAT MAKES ME A HORRIBLE PERSON.)

So, thanks Anonymous, for judging my family on the basis of one short post that was born out of frustration.

At any rate, I am turning off Anonymous commenting. If I have any regular readers who are distressed about that, feel free to email me. My email is on the sidebar.

LM

8 Comments:

Blogger NeuroMama said...

Ha ha. I think someone is a lawyer hater! Or, maybe a working mother hater.

My oldest just started kindergarten (the new first grade, clearly) and I have been kind of shocked by how much work the parents are supposed to be doing after school. When are the students supposed to be kids?

Sunday, September 27, 2009 7:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly that anonymous jerk didn't even READ your post because you very clearly said you WERE home with your son and you were RIGHT THERE helping him.

I think cranky people should stay away from comment boxes. Especially anonymous cranky people. :p

Sunday, September 27, 2009 7:32:00 PM  
Blogger fosterhood said...

I'm most struck by the "teacher" postee's poor grammar and spelling, seems a bit ironic...

Sunday, September 27, 2009 8:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Do your best and that is all you can do"? Seriously? Way to give your kid permission to set the bar low. How many kids are in his/her classroom "working" under that pretense? I mean, I have said that to my kids every now and then when they are taking something too seriously, but I find it frightening that a teacher has that attitude. It's kind of an admission of pointless busy work, isn't it? Does your husband realize you're so anti-teacher? That's got to be tough on your marriage. ;)

Sunday, September 27, 2009 10:01:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh the hilarity. It seems my TtC post ruffled someone’s feathers. For the teachers out there: just because you were taught something in school or in a continuing education class does not make it correct. It is not the be-all or end-all. Many a time I have been told there is research supporting this or that, yet when I ask for references and papers, none are to be found. There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

I had my niece tell me a quart was more than a liter a week or so ago. I asked her which quart. “There’s more than one kind?” I asked her how many milliliters are in a liquid quart. She had no idea. “Who told you a quart was more than a liter?” “My teacher.” “Well, she’s wrong.” “Ask her how many milliliters are in a quart and get back to me.” I told her there was 946mL to a quart. My niece, with a CRC handbook of chemistry and physics I allowed her to borrow in her hand, argued with the teacher for twenty minutes. The teacher then informed the class that there was only one kind of quart, and it was used for liquid. This was a grade seven class, mind you. The educational system is propagating ignorance and stupidity. It is obvious that creative thinking has been dismantled over the years as can be seen by all the lemming-like actions of the general populace. Everyone just does what they’re told, no questions asked because the teacher is always right, even when he/she is wrong. Don’t disobey authority figures children, it makes them look bad.

Independent thought is not encouraged. It gives people ideas for a better world, and we can’t have that, now, can we? (I hope everyone can see the sarcasm dripping from the text.)

Sunday, September 27, 2009 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Wow. Just wow. Drive by posters can be so mean!

Monday, September 28, 2009 7:01:00 PM  
Blogger kitchu said...

for the LOVE of PETE.

people. :) drive by posters. i liked that.

just found you by a fluke today. you're a keeper.

Saturday, October 10, 2009 3:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I remember reading that post 3 years ago and I definitely did not see you as a "teacher hater" or your son as "anal retentive!" I applaud you for putting outdoor play time above a truckload of work that no first grader should be saddled with having to do.
Obviously if "anonymous" is a teacher she/he definitely does not have enough to do if she is doing "drive by" posting. ha.

Saturday, November 07, 2009 11:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter