Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hold Me Closer, Tony Danza, Count the Headlice on the Highway*

Misheard....

Yesterday, Lana and I were running some errands and picking up a gift for Husband's birthday.

As we were driving out of the mall parking lot, Lana said to me, very seriously, her voice grave as it came to me from the back seat,

"Mommy, I don't like your lies."

Considering that I had just purchased her a pair of monkey shaped earrings and that she and I had been laughing and happily sharing a cookie and cherry slurpee only moments before, I was taken aback.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't like your lies," she said, again, or so I thought.

"What have I lied about?" I asked, incredulously.

"You don't lie about anything, mommy," she answered, sounding confused.

"Then why did you just tell me you don't like my lies?" I asked.

Lana huffed. "I said, I don't WRITE good "Y"s, Mommy. I don't WRITE good "Y"s. When I am writing, you know? My "y"s don't look good."

Oh. Well, that was clear as mud, I guess. But, for the record, I don't see anything at all wrong with her "Y"s...

LM

*Misunderstood song lyrics for Elton John's Tiny Dancer

4 Comments:

Blogger Ella At Last said...

Hedda and Lawwie love this one!!

Sunday, April 18, 2010 12:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This kind of thing happens all the time with R and even more with Zeeb. I definitely should write them down more - that Y's one is hysterical.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 5:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least she doesn't really think you lie to her. :) My favorite misunderstood lyric I've ever seen is "the girl with colitis goes by."

Sunday, April 18, 2010 7:30:00 PM  
Blogger thecurryseven said...

This happens with me and TM all the time. I'm sure he must wonder about my sanity sometimes. He says something and I reply with a statement that has no relation to what he said at all. On his end, having a conversation with me must feel like playing the lottery...is her answer going to make sense this time or not.

Thanks for the chuckle!

e

Monday, April 19, 2010 12:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter