Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My dossier at last is on its merry way

After a week of not returning phone calls, the State of Michigan yesterday finally gave me a straight answer and admitted that they could not find the documents I had sent to them for authentification. It was only TWO documents - my husband's birth certificate and my husband's employment letter. (We live in Ohio, but, he works in Michigan). We have been waiting on these two documents forever!!
Yesterday, after they told us, basically, they weren't ever coming, my husband tracked down his boss, they went to a bank, and got a new, notarized employment letter. Thankfully, we had an extra official copy of his birth certificate, so, he drove today to the Michigan Secretary of State, (two hours there, two hours in line, two hours back, WITH our six year old in tow) (he is a hero!) and I have spent the last hour and half double-checking everything, copying, etc, and have placed the package into the hands of the UPS guy.
I feel like I have actually accomplished something toward bringing our girl home - I just wish it had not taken me 5 whole weeks to get this dossier done.

Now we wait...

If you are curious, the first thing we are waiting for is a call from our agency telling us the dossier is acceptable.

THEN we will wait to be told it has been sent to the Vietnamese embassy in Washington D.C. for authentification and translation.

We'll wait some more after that, but, these are the two things I am concentrating my waiting energy on right now.

LM

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

oh my gosh, I didn't realize they actually LOST them! That is horrible. Hooray for hubby saving the day. :-)
5 weeks is actually pretty fast... I think we got ours done in 4-5 weeks too. So crazy, it makes your head spin, but now it's out of your hands. Hooray!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 5:47:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

That is wonderful news!!!
5 weeks is pretty fast. I did ours in 5 weeks as well!!
kick butt!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 7:54:00 PM  
Blogger RollerCoaster said...

I can't believe they LOST them! I am thrilled it is on its way and hopefully everything will be on its merry way to Vietnam before you know it! Congrats!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter