Saturday, July 15, 2006

This I did not need

Someone used my Visa card to buy $1100 in airline travel with Continental Airlines. And also gasoline at a gas station in Southfield, Michigan (just outside Detroit).

At the same time the nefarious party was using my card to buy $28 of gas, I was using it to buy $11.35 of sesemee oil, soy sauce, timari, panko and chocolate stuffed panda bear shaped cookies at the Asian market 5 minutes from my house.

Evidently this set off a security alert. (Why the purchase of $1100 in airlines tickets in names other than my own did not set off a security alert the day before, I don't understand.)

I've spent an hour and a half on the phone with my credit card company and the credit reporting agencies.

This is a headache I did not need.

LM

6 Comments:

Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Are you kidding me? That's outrageous!!!! Who does that and gets away with it in this post-9/11 air-crimes=terroism day?!?! That totally sucks. It should be pretty easy to resolve by the cc company right? Ugh - what a bummer.

Saturday, July 15, 2006 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger RollerCoaster said...

Life always seems to throw us curve balls when we don't need them! I hope you got the issue resolved!

Sunday, July 16, 2006 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger Space Mom said...

Holy crap! They must know who bought the tickets, I mean you need photo ID to get through security these days...

How bizarre... At least your CC company caught this

Sunday, July 16, 2006 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Bee said...

I am so sorry about all this with your airline ticket perchasing! That is terrible and i hope you get it all sorted out and i hope that al your adoption stuff is worked out. Your son sounds like a riot too!!

Sunday, July 16, 2006 8:06:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

oh my ... no fair someone else gets to travel with your credit card while you sit there waiting for Lana!
My card was stolen before Christmas... the police took a report as well as the credit card people and it was a huge pain but in the end didn't cost us any $$. Hope you can get this cleared up quickly!

Sunday, July 16, 2006 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Yeah, same thing happened to C. His card was copied and used to buy jewlery in japan.
It is a pain and I hope you get it all sorted out with little effort!

Monday, July 17, 2006 5:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter