Tuesday, July 11, 2006

You Don't Have to Be Freud

Last night I dreamt I was sitting on crowded beach full of brightly colored lounge chairs. I was holding a dark haired child on my lap, but, I couldn't see her face because she was staring at the ocean. I was watching a crab scurry along the sand by my chair, and when I looked up an enormous wave was coming at us, and it pulled the child out of my hands, and I couldn't find her. I kept diving under, desperate to pull her from the water, but she could not be found.

At that moment the cat decided to start chewing on my hair and woke me up - I was shaking and my heart was beating fast, and I was glad for the cat's obsessive compulsive hair chewing, because it woke me from such a bad dream.

You don't have to be Freud, I don't think, to read all kinds of things into this...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had all kinds of bizarre, crazy dreams that seemed really real, but thank goodness never played out in life- husband in a car accident, heart attack, dogs getting hit in the road- all kinds of stuff. All your dream is telling you is that you have a fear- understandable with all the stress of getting L~ home!! Sending you Lots of LOVE!! ~H

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:35:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I hate those dreams when I wake up in a panic - they are just awful and seem so real. It is just the stress!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 4:22:00 PM  
Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Oh man. Are you exhausted?

Last night I dreamt that my four year old had his entire mouth of teeth knocked out. I kept insisting otherwise because I could still feel the teeth until I realized that I was feeling my own teeth in my own mouth. What do you think that says about me?! Other than an obvious exacerbation of my phobia of all-things-teeth. Haha.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter