Thursday, July 06, 2006

Trip to Police Station

Husband and I and Gabe all got our lazy a**es out of bed early this morning, in order to go to the Police Department for the township in which we live.

I had called the township P.D. yesterday and inquired what I would need to do to obtain two letters from them, notarized, on their letterhead, indicating that Husband and myself are not wanted criminals in these parts.

The woman on the other end of the phone told me to come to the records department between 7:30AM and 4:30PM, and bring $5.00 and our driver's licenses. (I almost asked what one would do if one did not have a driver's license, but, then I remembered that I live in a "bedroom community" in which all the inhabitants are required to own at least two vehicles, if not by law, then by the de facto situation where one would quite literally starve to death without a car, since all stores must be driven to, and since we are not allowed to grow vegetables or raise livestock. (Sadly, I'm serious about that. Although Husband does have some secret, forbidden tomato plants he is cultivating. He is a criminal mastermind, that darling man of mine.)

Anyway, since there is quite literally no way I would be able to come home from work today in time to be at the police station by 4:30, we decided we would go over in the morning. My plan was to take the letters with me to work, so that I could take them to the courthouse for my 1:30 hearing (which may last until 4:30, hence the reason for getting up early) so that wonderful, fabulous, county courthouse employee A~ would "county certify" them for me (thanks so much bureaucratic state of Ohio - NOT.)

My plan was foiled by the fact that, while the PD was happy to do the letters for us, they were not so much willing to do the letters for us TODAY. [Insert big whiny whine here.]

Since I have not had a call back from my doctor (I emailed him the letter I need him to print on his letterhead and then arrange to meet with me to sign) - I guess my foolish thought of having my dossier to my agency by next Friday is just that - a foolish thought. Sigh. (Because after I get all the documents together, and some of them county certified (the ones that have not been notarized by a lawyer), I will have to send them to Columbus to be state certified...) Sigh again.

LM

2 Comments:

Blogger RollerCoaster said...

I know it is frustrating. I hate it when we have to wait because of someone else or the red tape we have to go through.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:46:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

It is not the most frustrating thing when no one else seems to get how very urgent this is? I hope it all comes together for you soon.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 3:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter