Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Some days your client gets thrown under the bus

I'm having the kind of day where I want to lock my office door and cry long and hard about the state of a world in which cousins will attack eachother in open court and accuse one another of the most vile and hideous things, all in the quest to get a bigger piece of the pie that is their dead aunt's estate.

It makes me...sick, a little bit. And sad, a lot. And sad and angry for my client, who was, today, unceremoniously, thrown under the bus by her insane family.

Also today, I've lost a deed to a piece of real estate and had a divorce case thrown out because of an obscure new local rule that prevents parties from becoming divorced during a pending pregnancy when there is a question as to paternity...

Some days I wonder if I shouldn't have stayed a statistician, crunching marketing and census numbers in a quiet cubicle...

Also adding to my unhappiness is the fact that the USCIS still has not delivered our I171-H form. We cannot compile the rest of our dossier until we have that *&^% form. So, Lana sits in DaNang longer, waiting on the US government. ARGH! and UGH! and *&^%$%&&*~!!!

That's all for now,
LM

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Being a lawyer is hard! I wouldn't want to do it.

And the CIS BLOWS.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 7:06:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Well, being a lawyer sure doesn't sound boring. But that would be so frustrating to see the "good guy" lose sometimes.

Your I171h *has* to be coming soon - it just has to!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 9:46:00 PM  
Blogger Space Mom said...

Ugh, I am sorry you had a rough day. Would a trip to Starbucks help?

Thursday, June 29, 2006 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Elowyn said...

CIS sucks ass. Yes they do. I'm getting pretty pissed at them myself, so can relate (but no referral yet for me, which makes it easier somehow.)

Thursday, June 29, 2006 3:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter