Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Just call me Lucy...

I swear sometimes my life is an episode of I Love Lucy...

We had our annual Bar Association Luncheon today. This morning I went to put on my nicest summer suit. Which is cream colored. The only cream colored hose I had in my drawer were losing their elastisity, but, I put them on anyway, figuring they would be okay.

Suffice it to say that they were NOT okay.

Suffice it to say that when I stood up to applaud for the installation of the new Board of Trustees, and while I was standing at a table in the front of the room (because one of the attorneys from my firm was being sworn in as one of the Trustees) my pantyhose FELL DOWN. THEY FELL DOWN. Around my knees. Below the hemline of my beautiful cream colored suit.

I wanted to crawl into a hole.

I had to walk, awkwardly, out the doors of the hotel ballroom and sneak into the bathroom.

And then I left. I couldn't walk back into the luncheon.

Oy vey. Oy vey oy vey oy vey...

With a face that is about as red as the radishes in her mediocre luncheon salad,
LM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA HA, oh man thanks for the laugh, I am terribly sorry it came at your expense....do you think nayone noticed??

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 4:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant anyone.....

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 4:51:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

OMG! That's terrible....as in terribly funny! haha ;-)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 5:48:00 PM  
Blogger bluefairy said...

I'm so sorry that's horrible ( and extremely funny) It serves as a lesson for all of us...when the elastic is dying throw them out or they'll end up around your knees at the worst time!

:o)

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 1:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter