Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Sixth Child

Earlier this week I mentioned that our agency had informed us about a 3.5 year old girl.

We had asked about this child back in March, but, at that time, two families had her file and we did not want to compete with other families again. For reasons of their own, the two families decided they did not want to pursue her.

Is it because she is 3.5? Is it because they wanted a younger child? We do not know their reasons. But, I suspect it is because, in the end, she is meant to come home to us.

She is the sixth child whose file we have poured over. She is the fourth child whose file I have sent off to be examined by an International Adoption Doctor, and my family doctor, and my uncle's brother-in-law who is a doctor.

The sixth child.

We like to say that the third time is a charm. But, THIS time, we are hopeful, it's the sixth time that is a charm.

Nothing is written in stone today. Our agency still has to talk to our social worker before they give us the final okay.

I am waiting for one more telephone call from the International Adoption Doctor, but, she would have to tell me something shocking about the new information I have given her.

The Sixth Child's name is Lan.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Oh LM!! I'm so happy for you guys!
A little girl! I can't believe it! My fingers are super crossed that this is going to be your time! eekkkk!

Saturday, June 10, 2006 10:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exciting...and scary...nervous-making...and...WOW!

Saturday, June 10, 2006 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Wow, I didn't realize you were up to #6... Yes, I think #6 will be the one. I can't wait until you know for sure!

Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:01:00 PM  
Blogger RollerCoaster said...

I am thrilled to hear this news! I hope that the Int'l Dr does not give you earth shattering news and Lan comes home to you quickly!

Sunday, June 11, 2006 7:04:00 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I can't wait to hear more about Lan and if the 6th time is the charm. Thinking of you.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger R&H said...

WOW!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys and for Lan, and I'm dying to hear updates of this situation and I WANT TO SEE PICTURES!!! I'm praying for you guys!!!!

Monday, June 12, 2006 9:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!

Monday, June 12, 2006 1:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!!!

Monday, June 12, 2006 3:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter