Thursday, May 25, 2006

The USCIS...again

Husband just called me to tell me there is a letter from the U.S. C.I.S. in today's mail.

It tells us to be in Cleveland at 12:30 PM on Thursday, June 22, not to bring any "unnecessary parties," not to arrive more than 15 mintues early, and to bring our passports or Ohio driver's licenses.

I am breathing a sigh of relief. And annoyance that the appointment is four weeks away...

I'm trying to figure out what to do with Gabe that day, since Husband is a stay-at-home dad in the summer (starting June 7), so we don't have any daycamp or anything for Gabe to be at, and I am pretty sure the USCIS will consider Gabe to be an "unnecessary party"...maybe my mom or my sister will watch him that day...worse case scenario, I could check with an old friend who lives in a suburb of Cleveland and who is a firefighter so he only works one day out of every three, so, I suppose odds are good he would not be working and making Gabe could play with his little girl, who is the same age...I'm babbling...I'll stop.

GW

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Great news about your fingerprint appointment! It's always such a complication to find daytime babysitting for our kids when we have those adoption-related appointments. Seems like one time we did bring our kids with us to fingerprinting. But it's a very long, boring appointment so it's better if you can set up a playdate for Gabe or something like that.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:07:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

We brought Diesel to the appt but we were in and out of our UCIS office in like 30 minutes. I don't know that they can FORCE you to find a sitter for your kid. I'd bring him.... as long as it's not a 90 minute appt. Do you know anyone that has gone through that office that can tell you how quickly they run?

Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:48:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

You are more than welcome to have Gabe come here and stay with us!! We would love it! And a good excuse to see you.

Thursday, June 07, 2007 2:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter