Monday, May 22, 2006

The USCIS is not my friend

I have just learned that the USCIS in Cleveland is processing 1600A applications with a "receipt date" of April 1, 2006.

The date on my "receipt" is May 3. (You may recall that this receipt is a teeny tiny little slip of paper that I almost threw away?)

This means it will be another month before they process our application and tell us to come for fingerprints. At least, I assume that is what they mean.

They do have a telephone number for adopting parents to call, between the hours of 1 to 4, but, it has been consistently busy since 1:00 PM.

So, I guess it's totally irrelevant if we receive a referral anytime soon, because we sure aren't going to be sending our dossier to Vietnam until we have that precious piece of paper...

GRRR...

Nothing much else to report. We saw the DaVinci Code over the weekend. It was not as good as the book, but, not nearly as lousy as the critics are saying.

I just LOVE bureaucracy!

LM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anybody else noticed that the ups and downs of adoption seem to mirror the ups and downs of trying to get a kid the old fashioned way?

I guess it must be because anything worth having is worth working for - and a kid is a rather precious thing, but still...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:39:00 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Where did you hear that processing date? I can tell you the online chart for our INS office is waaaaay off ... as in it really only takes about 4-5 weeks to get approval, but the chart shows them like 4 months behind.
If you do get your referral before your I171h comes back, you can be gathering the other documents and maybe it will come just as you are finishing up the dossier! :-)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger LawMommy said...

I did get it from the online chart...so, maybe it is wrong as well?? I hope so!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:26:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

That would suck! (If it is indeed true.) I guess it is a good thing that you don't have a referral yet. You'd be stewing over that 171...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter