Thursday, May 18, 2006

I am an Asshat

I've been reading alot of blogs today. (Because I am, kind of, not getting a whole lot of work done...which is bad. Really bad.)

Anyway, many of these are adoption blogs or adoption after infertility blogs, and they are talking about Mother's Day. And that it blows big chunks.

This is what makes me an asshat. Seriously. It never occured to me that Mother's Day would suck big nasty chunky rocks for mothers who don't have their babies yet.

I will say, in my defense, it did occur to me, quite clearly, that it would be horribly painful for mothers who have lost their babies. I am not THAT much of an asshat.

But, really, for moms who are waiting for their babies from China or Vietnam or Kazahkstan or Cleveland Children's Services, or still trying to make their babies the old fashioned way, and not having any luck...I say, I am sorry I am such an asshat. For not even contemplating that such a sadness could exist. I am sorry Sunday sucked for mommies-in-waiting-and-waiting-and-waiting.

I hope out hope that next Mother's Day...will be joyful for all of us.

4 Comments:

Blogger Space Mom said...

Don't blame yourself too hard. Unless you have really spent a mother's day mourning, it is hard to realize just how hard it hits someone who is waiting to be a mother...

Thursday, May 18, 2006 2:12:00 PM  
Blogger Space Mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 2:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not an asshat! To be honest the day was not that hard for me personally...I have never experienced that kind of loss I would imagine it would be very had if one has.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 5:56:00 PM  
Blogger cc said...

I did go through the infertility thing and a Mother's Day of waiting on our referred twins (waited for them a YEAR after referral) and it sucked, big. Unless you have lived it, it is hard to know. Just having that appreciation and sensitivity now shows your good heart.

I have read you for a while now and we are almost neighbors as we live in Indiana. Are you going to the Asian Festival during Memorial Day weekend? We usually come over and meet some other families we know with children adopted mostly from Cambodia and China.

Keep the faith, your son will join your family, one day at a time...

Cathy

Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter