Friday, May 12, 2006

Lo Mein, Low Mom

The doctor has not called....:-(

I stopped last night at the Yum Yum Palace (yes, that's really the name) to pick up some lo mein and a spring roll for dinner. (Because my long distance runner/food police Husband was not around to object.)

Anyway, the boy working the counter was about 16, and as I sat down to wait for my order, I found myself staring at him, and wondering what "Samuel" would look like at 16...I think he noticed I was looking at him intently, and then I felt bad, because I am pretty sure it made him uncomfortable. Need to remind myself not to stare at Asian children anymore...even teenagers.

I find myself asking lots of questions, like,

Do I really want to switch country programs?
Who has been caring for this child? Who loved this child? What happened to this child for the 27 months of absent information?

Then, I look at his sweet face, and I wish the doctor would call and give me SOMETHING. Some kind of information.

I stayed up until midnight last night, watching episodes of "Dead Like Me" on DVD. I love that show. I don't understand why Showtime didn't renew it for a fourth season...I had trouble sleeping without my boys at home...despite what some might say, a borrowed dog is just not as good at keeping one company as a Husband.

Well, I suppose, arguably, a good dog of one's own is preferable to a LOUSY husband...but, that just doesn't apply in my case...

Must go to a pre-trial now,
LM

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

OMG! You like Dead Like Me?? Matt and I Netflix'ed it and watched every episode. We were heart broken to learn that they hadn't renewed it. The same with Carnivale.
I'm just as anxious to hear what the dr. has to say! And don't worry about the staring thing...I do it too. I'm doing my grad school stuff at a local university and it has a VERY high Asian population. Yesterday I was on an elevator with these two BEAUTIFUL asian girls and it made me wonder about "Quinn" Houng and what she's going to look like at that age. I know I made them uncomfortable with my staring and we were the only three in the elevator! ahah

Friday, May 12, 2006 1:01:00 PM  
Blogger LawMommy said...

Do you ever feel an almost uncontrollable urge to just blurt out - "Don't mind me, I'M ADOPTING AN ASIAN BABY." Yeah...not sure that will make the person I am making uncomfortable feel better or much much worse...

I love love love Dead Like Me. I have been thinking of Netflixing Carnivale - is it good?

Friday, May 12, 2006 1:52:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

I find myself wanting to ask "what country are you from?" Just because I have a hard time with Chinese and Vietnamese, and then qualifying it with somethink like, "I'm adopting from VN". Like that's going to make the difference of my rudeness. haha
Carnivale is awesome. One downside though, it was only on for 2 seasons and the 2nd season isn't out on DVD yet. The upside is, that it was ended after seasons like a miniseries. There was never an intention of it going longer than that. Unlike other series that they end in the middle of a storyline.
We're also on Lost and 24. I'm waiting for the new Lost to come out...it's driving me crazy. I try really hard not to pay attention to the ads for current episodes because it gives away the secrets that i don't know yet. ahah

Friday, May 12, 2006 2:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...on the plus side - at least you are warm and indoors. What a craptastically cold and wet weekend to be searching for 'shrooms.

Saturday, May 13, 2006 3:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter