Sunday, May 14, 2006

Feeling better...

I'm feeling a little bit less like strangling strangers...

My boys came home from their weekend away. We picked up take out Indian food and took it to my mother's house for Mother's Day, because my mother loves Indian food, and because they have completely torn their kitchen out and are in the process of installing all new applicances and flooring and cabinets, so, they cannot cook for themselves anyway. We ate Indian food, and a chocolate chip cookie cake my brother J~ had brought over for Mother's Day, and Gabe gave me a locket and a homemade card.

We drove home, and I made a huge pitcher of sweet tea (because I was craving my mother's sweet tea from having been at her house, where she did not have any because she has no refrigarator nor a stove for boiling the water to make the simple syrup*, for the next two days) and I listened to the Folk Sampler on public radio, and gave my son a bath, and generally feel better about the state of universe...

*my mother's recipe for sweet tea, courtesy of her mother, who got it from her mother - boil two cups of water, pour one cup of boiling water over 1/2 cup of sugar, and pour the other cup of water, still boiling, over 3 standard tea bags (I like Lipton, but, any standard black tea will work), allow the water to dissolve the sugar and stir, allow the tea bags to steep for 5 minutes. Pour the sugar water and the tea into a half gallon pitcher, add ice and cold water to the top. Voila.

LM

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Isn't it amazing how spending time with those we love (especially our kids!) can make everything "right" in our world?

Monday, May 15, 2006 2:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter