Thursday, May 25, 2006

Asian Festival?

Columbus, Ohio is going to be hosting a large Asian festival this weekend. Many of the families from our FCC group are going to be going, as well as our friends L~ and M~, from Cincinnati, who were DTC ("Dossier to China", i.e. the beginning of an approximately yearlong wait for a healthy baby girl from China) about six weeks ago. (FCC here in town has families with children from several Asian nations, although, I would say, 95% are from China. But, they have been very welcoming to Dave and I and excited about our Vietnamese adoption.)

At first I didn't want to go, because I thought it would just make me depressed - going with the families whose children are already home, etc. But, I see from the website that several Japanese culture booths will be set up, and cuisine from Japan, Vietnam, China, Thailand, etc. I like to expose Gabe to the idea that his parents lived somewhere other than the U.S. before he was born, and Gabe likes to look at the picture albums from the time we lived in Japan, and ask me questions - mostly, "how do you say dog/cat/crayon/baseball in Japanese?"

So, anyway, I think it would be a good idea to go - to talk about Japan, and to talk about Vietnam, and "this is where your little brother or sister will be coming from"...so, if I can convince my husband that it is worth the road trip, I think we may go.
__________________________________

Last night the phone rang - at 1:22 AM. I picked it up and there was a heavy breather on the other end. To be honest, this freaked me right the hell out. First, the light incident at 1:22 AM, and then the next night the phone rings at the exact same time??? What the heck is happening???

LM

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Okay that phone call at the same time as the light thing is just plain freaky.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger LawMommy said...

I KNOW! I am CREEEEEEEPED out. And possibly sleeping with the light on tonight!

Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:36:00 PM  
Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

First of all, your life is like a horror movie!! First the weirdness with the fan/light (which I'm not entirely convinced is a remote control issue - they don't really go THAT far!!) and now the calls? Yikes!

I'll be at the Asian Festival!! My agency (VORF) will have a booth and they are doing a whole family picnic thing at the zoo the next day, too. So we'll be in Columbus the entire weekend. Email me at nicki@spectrumpctech.com if you want to try to meet up to say hi! We are driving up (down) from Detroit on Sat. morning so we won't get there until 1pm or so.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:13:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Now I'm double creeped!
Do you have any stalkers, or have a house built on a sacred Indian burial ground?

Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't go to the Asian Festival... I am Asian myself and I am saying this.

I was a Vendor once in 2004. In 2005 I had some issues with Dr. Lu, the @$$ hole who runs it. He signed us up for advertising in spite of the fact that we did not want to get featured and charged us $800, saying that "Oh... well it's already printed so you have no choice. You did it last year so we assumed you wanted to do it again."

Yeah, well "last year" we didn't have such a constraint on our budget. Needless to say, we had a HUGE argument. These people are crooks, don't support them... I certainly am NOT going back ever again.

Saturday, November 25, 2006 1:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter