Friday, July 07, 2006

The L.A. Times is on my Sh*t List

I realize that some other adopting parent bloggers have blogged about this already, but, it's so appalling, I'm going to add my voice.

I am completely cheesed off about this wretched article:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-adoptwebnov11,1,4428112.story?page=1&coll=la-entnews-quicktakes

Now, evidently, many others are pretty horked off as well, based on the paper's response, which can be found here:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-spinoffs-brangelina-letters,1,1574592.htmlstory?coll=la-entnews-quicktakes

Now, my thoughts about this are as follows:

1. Go ahead and make fun of Brad and Angelina all you want - they are public figures, and while I do think they are pretty eccentric, I happen to think that it is pretty respectable that Jolie donates something like 30% of her income to charity. However, she is still a woman who wore a vial of Billy Bob Thornton's BLOOD around her neck during much of their marriage, which makes her pretty whacky in my book.

2. Keep your satire off my kid. It is one thing to poke fun at Brad and Angelina. It is another matter entirely to poke fun at millions of orphans. That's just...sick.

If the article annoys you as well, you can answer their poll about the matter, found at the above link.

That's all.

LM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter