Sunday, July 09, 2006

An Open Letter to the Woman Who Tried to Kill Me Today

Hey. Hey YOU. Yes, YOU, in the giant Fordasaurus with the "Jesus Saves" and the "What Would Jesus Do" and the "You Can't Be A Christian and Pro-choice" bumperstickers, who tried to kill me this afternoon on the highway, by cutting into my lane, and forcing me into the next one, where I nearly got way too personal with a pickup truck, and WHO DIDN'T EVEN USE YOUR TURN SIGNAL.

Yes, I am talking to you.

Clearly we have some deeply held differences of opinion regarding faith and it's relationship to the law and politics, which I would be happy to discuss with (er...argue with you) about at a later date.

But, what I really want to say to you, and I think you really should agree with me on is this:

In answer to the question, asked by you (or your car at least), Jesus probably would have checked his mirrors before he changed lanes. AND, JESUS WOULD HAVE USED HIS TURN SIGNAL. And, um, when I beeped my horn to remind you that I was not personally ready to meet the Lord today, I REALLY THINK, that Jesus WOULD NOT have flipped me off.

That is all.

Lawmommy (happy to still be among the living)

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

oh my gosh. Talk about being a bad witness for Christ! I wonder if perhaps a teenager was borrowing their parents' car? Thank God (literally!) you are okay though!

Monday, July 10, 2006 1:16:00 AM  
Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Oh my gosh, that is the funniest thing I have ever read!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for giving me a real laugh last night!

Monday, July 10, 2006 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger R&H said...

lmao!

Monday, July 10, 2006 5:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter