Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Paperwork and such

I have a file on my desk of all the pieces of paper that need to go to Columbus now to be state certified. I had them county certified this morning at the courthouse when I went over for a 10:00 hearing. This was the first the ladies in the clerk's office at the courthouse had heard about Lana, so, everyone was very jovial and happy and congratulating me. It was nice. :-)

(As a side note, I notice that there are lots of attorney who are not nice to the ladies who work in the clerk's office at the courthouse. Aside from the fact that I generally prefer to be nice and conversational with people, I think it is short-sighted to fail to be nice to a person who could, very well, LOSE the paperwork that is so important to a lawyer's work. Just two cents off topic from me, lovable, furry old Lawmom...well, maybe not so furry...)

Husband and I went to the mall last night to find some sticker books to send to Lana. (We can send her, quote, "things that are flat." I was boggled by the vast number of sticker books available. (I have never actually purchased sticker books for Gabe, though he has often received them from other people. I don't know why that is. Maybe he had so many from other people that I never looked at them myself.) Anyway, Husband and I settled on one Strawberry Shortcake stickerbook, and one "bears and kittens in tutus" sticker book called, "We Are Ballerinas".

It felt strange and odd to be picking out sticker books for a 3.5 year old girl on the other side of the planet. I wondered if she would like the bears and kittens in tutus, or if she would think the whole thing was stupid. There were a couple of apparently four year old girls looking at the sticker books with us, and the bears and kittens in tutus seemed to be "tops" with them, so, I have to hope that cute furry animals in anthropomorphic poses will be universally appealing to the pre-school female.

So, I am getting ready to send a small packet of things for Lana - a photo album of us, a flat package of hair ribbons thingies, and two sticker books. I hope she likes them...

I guess that's about all the news for today.

LM

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

I have the same issue with sending things to Zeeb. First there's the "flat" restriction which means mostly we send books and pictures. Then add to that I haven't a clue what he likes and it makes shopping kind of difficult.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 5:27:00 PM  
Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Awww - those things sound PERFECT! What fun to be able to shop for her and send her little bits of you. She will love them because they are from her mama :-)

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 7:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter