Friday, August 25, 2006

Five Weird Things About Me

I have been tagged by Nicole , with the meme of "Five Weird Things".

So, here are five weird things you may or may not know about me.

1. I am addicted to tic-tacs, particularly white tic-tacs, but, also orange and green ones. I hate the cinnamon ones, though. I almost always have tic-tacs in my purse.

2. When I am stressed, nervous, tired or bored, I tie knots in my hair, or twirl my hair around and around my fingers. As a very young child I would pull the hair out of my head. After my parents got divorced, I stopped pulling my hair out, but, I have never been able to overcome the compulsion to twirl it between my fingers. This is such a part of me that my professors in college and law school would regularly ask me, "Do you have a question, or are you playing with your hair?" (I did ask A LOT of question in class, so, sometimes I both had a question AND was playing with my hair at the same time.)

3. I have twice been extricated from dangerous situations on the subway by Jamaican men - once in Tokyo and once in Toronto. The man in Tokyo saved me from being locked in a subway station overnight. The man in Toronto intervened in what I was really sure was going to turn into a mugging. Bless them both, wherever they may now be.

4. I failed my driving test 3 times, and didn't get my license until after I turned 18.

5. I once dated a man who is now a Catholic priest. (Evidently I was his last hurrah.) :-P

Okay, so, I tag family4peace , JDEGIRL , Duchess , spacemom , and Molly

2 Comments:

Blogger Perpetual Procrastinator said...

You know, now that I think of it, I seem to recall your always having tic-tacs handy. Is that just memory projection or does this addiction go that far back?

I definitely remember the hair twirling, but since I had my own weird habits, I ignored it...lol.

Friday, August 25, 2006 4:43:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

I twirl my hair too - and braid it when I'm bored.
That's cool about your Jamaican rescuers. I wonder if that's a cultural thing (being more willing to step out for a total stranger) or just a wild coincidence?

Friday, August 25, 2006 10:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter