Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Photos from the game


We took my nephew and my son to see the Tigers play last night. As I mentioned in my last post, my aunt and uncle and cousins (who are returning to Africa) and my grandma, my mom, another aunt, and my brother and step-dad went too. Gabriel had the best time. He loves watching baseball with Husband on television, but, this was his first trip to a big league park. It was the first time any of us have been in a long time. As we were walking into the park, Husband remarked, "The last time I was here, I was with TTT." (His friend who was killed in a car accident five years ago.) "Just a few weeks before he died. We came here, me and TTT and M~ and W~. TTT thought about eating a hotdog." (TTT was a vegetarian, that's why that's significant - for most people, thinking about eating a hot dog at a baseball game is, obviously, not at all remarkable.) Husband laughed for a minute and then his voice caught a little bit in his throat and he went to buy some peanuts.

So, it had been over five years since Husband had been to a game. And longer than that for me - in fact, the last Tiger's game I attended (and possibly the only game ever since I was a little girl) was when I was pregnant with Gabriel, in the summer of 1999. We went with my Husband's best friend M~, and a girl he was dating at the time, I cannot remember her name. Husband and M~ went to go find hotdogs and drinks, and while they were gone, a Tiger whose first name was Gabriel hit a home run. I remembered thinking, "If this baby is a boy, and we name him Gabriel (we had already picked that name), I can tell him about this night and how I watched this Tiger named Gabriel hit a home run." So, last night, I finally had the opportunity to tell him that story. It was kind of nice, but, I couldn't remember the last name of the player who hit the home run. I should ask Husband or M~. They would probably remember.

So, here are some photos. It was a late night last night, and I woke up early, and I had FOURTEEN eviction hearings today, and my feet hurt and I have a crazy day tomorrow. I should probably hit the hay, so to speak.

LM

2 Comments:

Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

I want photos! You forgot the photos! Sounds like a fun time was had by all. You are lucky. My kids are like this:

" I want popcorn, peanuts, hotdogs, pop, more pop, some toys, a ride on the ferris wheel, can we go home now? No, I don't like baseball, why do you ask?"

I'd be a lot more thrilled about a game if my kids were at all interested. Glad you can share that fun with your boy :-)

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger LawMommy said...

Gah! And ACK! Blogger ate my pictuers. I will try to post them again when I get back from court this morning.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter