Monday, August 14, 2006

What was I thinking? Somebody hit me with a stick...

I was sitting in my family room this evening, feeling kind of anxiety ridden about our adoption process (no real reason, no news either good or bad, just a general kind of totally freaked out anxiety that runs the lines of "where is Lana right now and what is she doing and what did she eat today and did she have a bath and what if she hates us" and etc. etc.)

So, I turn on the television to take my mind off the fact that I am having ANXIETY. So, of course The Daily Show with Jon Stewart is a rerun, and the re-run of Law and Order SVU that is running on the USA network is one I have seen two times, so, WHAT DO I CHOOSE TO WATCH?

"The Miracle of Stairway B" on the History Channel. Yes, I know. What a stupid thing for an already anxiety ridden person to watch. (It's about the 14 people who survived having the North Tower of the World Trade Center collapse on top of them on September 11. Somehow, this little pocket of Stairway B didn't collapse, and 14 people survived. And they kept showing all the footage of that day, and showing the girlfriends and the wives, who didn't know their husbands and boyfriends were alive in the Tower, they were told they were missing and presumed dead, and it was just so emotional.)

My husband kept coming in to the room and going, "this is just going to make you cry."

Of course he was right.

Note to self - do not watch footage of national tragedies whilst worrying over adoption. Just for future reference.

LM

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

I agree... avoid the news and also documentaries about 9/11... just too much anxiety built in to adoption, don't need to add more! :-}

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 1:24:00 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

So true. Sometimes I don't know what is going to turn on the tear switch, but other times I just know and watch 'adoption stories' anyway. ;)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 1:45:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I try to not watch anything that might make me cry, although, I was crying at the ellen show, cause someone got a quiznos!

Sometimes you can't avoid it!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:47:00 AM  
Blogger Elowyn said...

I agree wholeheartedly. I can hardly listen to my Harry Potter book on CD in the car, without tearing up. Sad, no?

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 2:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter