Friday, October 06, 2006

Long Day

It feels like it has been a long couple of days. I had some incredibly unpleasant testing done at the doctor's office, and the doctor again used the words "consider a hysterectomy." On the other hand, he uses this phrase and follows up with the fact that he doesn't feel it is fair to discuss this until the adoption is finalized - um, unless, of course, the test results from this week come back next week showing something dire. Let's hope that's not the case - I'm not really prepared to think about major abdominal surgery.

I had to sit through 3 hours of continuing legal education this morning on a topic that was not terribly interesting. I was supposed to have a three hour course this afternoon on police procedure, which, although outside my practice area, was supposed to be taught by a very interesting and dynamic speaker - a former defense attorney now professor/author. He had to cancel his course this afternoon, and it got substituted with this (much less interesting and also out of my practice area) course, and it was moved from afternoon to early morning. I really NEEDED the three hours, since I need 12.5 more hours before December 31 (well, 9.5 after this morning), so, I went to the morning lecture. This meant I had to wake Gabriel up early, and take him to Extended Time at his elementary school, which I hate doing...sigh.

On the bright side, Husband and I have tickets to the traveling version of Andrew Lloyd Weber's Jesus Christ Superstar, and Gabe is going to spend the night at his cousin's house - so, Husband and I have an actual DATE to look forward to. :-)

LM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter