Thursday, May 03, 2007

ARGH!!

My morning started at 6:40 AM with Gabriel snuggling into bed with me. That was fine - he just curled up next to me and went back to sleep. Unfortunately, the sleep lasted all of 5 mniutes when Lana woke up at 6:45 AM, crying. I went into her room to find she had wet the bed. This was suprising since she had woken us up at 2:30 to pee. Also surprising since she has NEVER done this in the almost 4 months since we adopted her. Part of me suspects she did this on purpose since I put her to bed last night in leggings that she could wear to school today. (She sometimes gives me a really hard time about changing into her clothes in the morning, so, last night, I thought, I'll just make my morning a tad less stressful and put her to bed in some stretchy leggings that she can just wear to school if she wants. Is it paranoid of me to think that she would purposely sabotage any attempt on my part to make my morning slightly less stressful than it already is? I get the kids up and to school by myself since Husband is a high school teacher and has to be at work before we even wake-up. It's the most stressful part of my day by far and everyday that Gabe makes it to school on time with a healthy breakfast in him feels like a small victory in a never ending war against cranky tired hungry children who aren't morning people. So, today, when she woke up an HOUR earlier, with WET LEGGINGS, I just felt like she did it on PURPOSE. I realize that's probably crazy thinking on my part.)

I got the bed cleaned up and she fell back to sleep for 15 minutes only to wake up screaming for no apparent reason.

THEN, the small auxiliary cat escaped from the house when Gabe went outside to catch the bus, and I had to chase him around the yard. D**N sneaky cat.

Making matters worse is the insomnia I had last night - I didn't fall asleep until after midnight, Lana was up at 2:30 to go to the bathroom, didn't fall back to sleep til around 3:15, then up against my will at 6:45. YAWN.

LM

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lack of sleep hurts. And makes me very cranky. I'm sorry you had such a bad night. Probably Lana did not pee the bed on purpose... R~ (almost 6) still has little accidents from time to time (during the day) because she's too busy to stop and go potty. very annoying. But probably not on purpose. :-}

Thursday, May 03, 2007 11:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to get her tested for a urinary tract infection as bedwetting can be a sign of that and I think you mentioned she had one when she first came home.

Thursday, May 03, 2007 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger mam said...

Oy, sounds so hard. I anticipate the opposite...I AM a morning person, but I need to fall asleep by 10 at the lastest most nights, and on those nights when she JUST WON'T SLEEP I'm anticipating a world of hurt for myself. I'm sorry. And cats seem to know exactly the wrong time to do just about everything, don't they?

Thursday, May 03, 2007 2:51:00 PM  
Blogger niobe said...

Hmmm.... sometimes even paranoids have real enemies.

Saturday, May 05, 2007 9:36:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Hey girl! Email me! I'd like to nail you down for a dinner on Friday (the 25th of May) in Columbus. Or maybe a lunch the same day in Cleveland...whichever is closer for you guys!

Monday, May 07, 2007 8:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter