Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Blogs that Make Me Go "Hmm"

Mrs. Broccoli Guy has kindly given me a "Thinking Blogger Award." This is an award/meme where you choose five blogs that get you thinking, and then those bloggers can give five awards themselves. You can read about the origins of the award
here.

I am deeply touched that Mrs. Broccoli Guy has such nice things to say about my blog. I write because I am COMPELLED to write, because I MUST write, but, it's nice to hear that sometimes I have something to say that makes one think!

Here are five blogs that make ME think (excluding Mrs. Broccoli Guy and her nominees, all of which are favorite blogs of mine, and upon which I would bestow a thinking blogger award, had Mrs. Broccoli Guy not already done so!!)

1. The person who inspired me to do this in the first place, JDEgirl. I cannot express how happy I am for her right now.

2. Nicole aka Raising Animals, formerly known as Fo(u)rt Robinson. Vietnam Adoption, pregnancy, tatoos and more.

3. Kelly aka Snips and Snails. Surviving the wilderness of Michigan's UP AND the unknowns of Vietnam Adoption.

4. Blonde Justice. I know a ton of people read her blog, and I doubt she will ever see this. But, her posts about working as a public defender make me think about what it means to be a lawyer.

5. La Turista. A lawyer/mommy who makes me laugh.

LM

4 Comments:

Blogger La Turista said...

Well, you made my day! And made me think. And made me work on a new post.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 2:05:00 PM  
Blogger mam said...

thanks for the tips -- I'll get reading! Some of them are favorites of mine too, but some are new.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 4:56:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Wow. I am really touched that you chose my blog as one of your five. Your blog is one that I check daily, and I am really pleased to know that you find something worth reading on mine. Speaking of the wilds of the U.P., my sister had a moose hang out in her yard all day yesterday....I am bugging her for pics so I can post them on the blog- not adoption related, I realize, but a moose around here is pretty rare!

Friday, April 27, 2007 8:32:00 AM  
Blogger Blonde Justice said...

Ha, I did see it! Thanks for the vote of confidence, and I can't wait to check out some of these other blogs. =)

Monday, May 14, 2007 2:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter