Sunday, January 13, 2008

Things that have gone missing from my house

We seem to have been robbed, or something, because the following things are missing and cannot be located despite diligent searching.

1. Lana's rabbit. Lana has this rabbit. It's name is, predictably, "Bunny", although it did spend a brief period of time, at the start of its existence, being referred to as "con tho" - which is, I am reasonably sure, Vietnamese for "Bunny." Anyhoo, it's not a real bunny, it's a stuffed bunny from Build-A-Bear, the same stuffed Build-A-Bear Bunnny that a gazillion other American children have - you know the one - this one - only Lana's is unique in that, when you push its paw, Gabriel's voice calls out, "Welcome Home Lana!"


It's a pretty Lana-specific gift that way. I mean, seriously, how many homecomings could there have been for little girls named Lana in the tri-state area in the last year?

Not many, is what I'm thinking. It was the gift Gabe brought to the airport for Lana when he came to the airport with my sister to meet us when we came home from Vietnam. I need the rabbit to come home!! There is much angst occurring whenever Lana remembers that she doesn't have it anymore.

2. My favorite pants. My favorite black dress pants that look great with every blouse I own and make me look 10-lbs lighter than I really am. I LOVE THOSE PANTS. I cannot imagine why anyone would steal my pants, but, please, I beg of you - these pants have been faithfully making my butt look smaller at least once a week for the past 3 years. I NEED THOSE PANTS. Please come home, perfect black pants. Please. I bought them at Casual Corner which DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE. They are, therefore, irreplaceable. I need them. If I have offended the pants in some way, I'll make it up to them. Just. Come. Home.

3. My Nintendo DS carrying case. I have the Nintendo, and the charger, but, the carrying case is missing, and so I only have one game to play. And I'm getting a little sick of playing Sudoku everyday. Perhaps it ran off with my pants???

LM

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger maxhelcal said...

I seem to have the same problem as you with things gone missing. I suspect my son Nolan is the culprit. Perhaps we will find his stash before we move. The latest thing gone missing is my pink mouse for my laptop. The first time I ever leave it out on the dining room table instead of up high in the hutch and presto, it's gone missing.

Goodluck finding Lana's bunny, your nintendo case and esp. your awesome black pants!

~Michelle

Monday, January 14, 2008 9:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Bunny used the carrying case as luggage, packed up your perfect pants for herself and took a vacation?

Monday, January 14, 2008 10:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Bunny used the carrying case as luggage, packed up your perfect pants for herself and took a vacation?

Monday, January 14, 2008 10:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, don't know how I managed to post that comment twice.
Elaine

Monday, January 14, 2008 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger mam said...

Stranger things have happened than Elaine's scenario (remember the dish and the spoon? Scandalous!). After all, with that fluffy tail to deal with, what self-respecting bunny wouldn't want a little bit of a slimmer rear view?

Monday, January 14, 2008 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger niobe said...

Oddly enough, it's always the things I most want to keep that vanish. The ones that I don't care about, I can't seem to get rid of.

Monday, January 14, 2008 1:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will sound strange and quite possibly crazy, but this seriously has worked for me a couple of times I've really been looking for specific items - the St. Anthony plea. "St. Anthony, St. Anthony, please come around, something is lost and can't be found", then you state what it is you're missing. I'm not even Catholic, but I was desperate enough to try it - and it worked! This reminded me that I need to ask him where my tax crap is (can't find it since we moved).
Good luck!

Monday, January 14, 2008 4:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am delurking from London to say that I think you might need 'Tatty Ratty' by Helen Cooper (not sure of the publisher in the US but it is published - have just checked on Amazon) which deals with this very thing, a lost toy rabbit. Hope this helps Lana - and if she likes this one, she might love Helen Cooper's 'Pumpkin Soup' even more. My girls adored it at the same age.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter